A Friend is Always There

Synopsis - Elena asks Sully for some advice on something big. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"OK, so it's next week Friday at your place. OK. See you there. Bye." Sully was just finishing a conversation with a new client for him and Sam. He put the phone down and smiled to himself. The client drew some hefty bargains, but Sully knew the business all too well, so he knew how to compromise between the two of them. 

He then processed to sit on the couch and turn on the TV when we heard the doorbell ring. 

"Who is it now?" Sully moaned. Since he is getting old, he tries not to move too much, with the exception of treasure hunting. He opened the door and was greeted with a familiar face.

"Elena?" Elena smiled as she gave Sully a hug, to which he returned.

"I thought you were with Nate and Sam." Sully said with confusion. 

"Nah. They're having fun as it is." Elena confirmed.

"Ah, I see. Well, come on in." Elena entered the living room, followed by Sully.

"So, do you want anything to drink?" Sully asked. 

Elena shook her head and smiled. "No thanks. I'm fine."  Sully nodded and headed to the kitchen to get himself a beer before going back into the living room.

"So, what brings you here?" Sully asked as he sat down opposite Elena.

"Aren't I allow to come just because?" she questioned. 

Sully shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I guess not." he answered before taking another sip of the beer. He then realised that Elena was looking down onto the floor. She was fiddling with her fingers, looking very anxious.

"Hey, are you OK?" Sully asked. 

Elena looked up and smiled. "I'm fine." Her smile then went away and she sighed. "Actually, there's a reason why I'm here."

"Thought so." Sully then placed his beer bottle on the coffee table before facing Elena again. "Alright then. What did you want to say?"

Elena took a deep breath before answering. "OK. Firstly, I haven't told anyone this, so you have to promise me you won't tell anyone until I do. OK?"

Sully made a cross on his heart with his fingers before raising his hand. "I swear upon my life." he smiled. 

"OK. I'm... I'm pregnant." It took a while for Sully to process what he had just heard. Once he did however, he went straight to Elena and gave her a big hug. Elena couldn't help but laugh at his excitement. 

"Elena, that's.. that's amazing. That's..." Sully suddenly stopped midway of his sentence. He made a frown on his face, which Elena noticed.

"Hey, you're OK?" Elena asked with worry on her face. 

Sully sighed. "You haven't told Nate then, haven't you?" Elena looked back down to the floor, which answered his question. 

"Why haven't you? You would think that he would be the first to know."

"I know, I know. It's just... I'm scared."

"That he would not be happy?" Sully asked. Elena nodded, to which he sighed but then smiled. 

"Why are you smiling for?" Elena asked with confusion. 

"Look, I know Nate as much as you do. I know that he can be stubborn at times. I know that not once, he has talked about being a parent. But I know that he loves you. It will take a while, sure. But in the end, he will be on board. Trust me."

Elena smiled as she gave Sully a hug. "Yeah. I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm goddamn right!" Sully laughed. Elena chuckled as well.

"Thanks, Sully." she smiled.

"Happy to help." She knew that visiting Sully would be best for her. But now, she would need to tell the man who needs to know the most.