The Frozen Rose

Samantha’s POV

            It was a normal dreary Monday and I was working my store when a man came rushing in letting in a cold breeze. That was weird though, it was in the middle of July. “Sir, can I help you?” I asked him. He looked at me with the most vivid blue eyes I had ever seen. “d-do you h-have any w-w-winter clothes?” he asked shivering. I nodded my head. I ran up to him and felt his arm. He was as cold as ice. “Sir, your freezing! It’s the middle of July why are you so cold?!” I asked. He didn’t reply. I ran to the back of the store and pulled out the winter box. There were a pair of gloves and a hat but that was it. “Here.” I said handing them to him. He quickly put them on. He let out a sigh of relief. “Thank you.” He said. That was all he said before handing me a rose. The rose was not any ordinary rose though, it was frozen. When I went to thank him, he was gone.

            It had been 5 months since I had seen the mystery man, but he was not far from my mind. The rose is still frozen and I cannot get it to thaw. I thought I would never see the man again, until Christmas Eve. I was outside putting up lights in my back yard when I saw him. He was in the woods sitting on the ground with his head in his hands. I walked slowly up to him and sat down next to him. “Please, what is your name?” I asked. “Jack.” He said, “Jack Frost.”

Well that’s the first chapter! Its probably really short but…more to come! I will probably not delete this story but you never know.