Chapter 9

"Can we finally get over Angie and just be together?" Jade barked, stamping her heel against the wooden floor.

Germán turned around and saw both Olga and Violetta visibly upset.

"There's too much drama in this house!" Jade moaned, getting agitated like a small child.

The tears in Violetta's eyes were too much for Germán. He turned to Jade and softly replied, "You're right..." He struggled to fight back his emotions in order to speak, "There is too much drama..." Jade smiled, contently, "Although, Angie isn't the cause."

"GERMÁN!" Jade screeched, "What are you talking about? Of course she's the cause! She's a snake! Her plan all along was to take you away from me! She's evil!" Jade repeatedly stomped her foot in a tantrum.

"Jade..." Germán whispered, "Get out of my house, and don't come back. Ever." Jade's jaw dropped. Germán gave Violetta a slight wink, before going to his office and locking the door.

Germán sat in office and silently cried. She was gone. Again. In his entire life he knew he'd only truly been in love with two people; María and Angie. Now both of them were gone.

Germán stayed in his office for days, just weeping and thinking about Angie. He appeared to the rest of the household only for dinner each day, but he sat and ate in silence.

After a week, Germán noticed a little box on his desk. Had that been there the entire time? He didn't think so, but he couldn't be sure. It was the box that had contained Angie's ring; the replacement ring he had bought her when her original fell down the drain. A smile appeared on German's face as he thought back to the moment when he gave her the ring. At the time, as he was sliding the ring onto her finger, he imagined that he had just proposed, and that Angie had said "Yes" and was soon to be his Mrs. Castillo. He imagined how beautiful she would look in a wedding dress.

Suddenly Germán realised that life without Angie would really be no life at all. He and Violetta really need Angie. He was a mess and he would never be better again until he had Angie back.

Germán knew what he had to do. He opened his office door. "Violetta, pack your bags." He roared, his voice booming throughout the mansion.