Chapter 6 - The Disagreement

I was so excited. It was 7:30 A.M and I was dancing around the room. Tonight was our second date. And I couldn't be more excited.

There was no school today because it was Memorial Day weekend. So Marcy and I were going to hang out today around 1:00 P.M. I don't even know why I was up at 7:30. I went back to bed.

I woke up again at 12:30 P.M. I got ready and in no time Marcy was here.

"You ready to go to the mall?" She asked me.

"Yeah, lets go." I said.

"Mom ill be back around 6:30." I said.

We both got in the car. I was texting Eric the whole way there.

Then it hit me. I started tearing up.

"What's wrong Emily? You okay?" Marcy asked.

"Yeah, it's just. Eric and I are in an argument." I said.

"About what?" She asked me.

" Well we were talking about our third date, and he wants to go out to dinner. But I want to see Catching Fire in the movies. He picked the date for tonight and now it's my turn. But he won't let me pick." I explained.

"Honestly. He's trying to control you. If he doesn't let you pick a stupid date, then maybe you should break up with him. I'm sorry." She explained.

" I know, I told him we would talk about this tonight." I said.

"Good then do that"

"I will."

I had just gotten back from the mall and Marcy left. I bought a new dress, jeans, a shirt, and boots. I was ready for the date. I was just worried that we would start fighting.

I heard a knock on the door and I knew it was time to get it over with. My mom opened the door as I walked down the steps.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, okay bye mom be back around 11:00." I said as we were walking out the door.

"Okay have fun." She said.

We were in the car and we weren't really speaking. Until he opened his mouth.

"Okay, I know we are kind of fighting right now. But I still wanna have a good night tonight!" He said.

"That not the point. I wanna have a good night too. But I don't want you controlling me." I said

We went back and fourth talking to each other.

"I am not controlling you, Emily. I don't wanna go see Catching Fire though."

"Well I don't wanna go out to eat."

"Well I don't care what you want."

When he said that I couldn't stop myself.

"STOP THE CAR!!!" I Screamed.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Your what's wrong. I can't believe you said that."

"That's not what I meant." He said.

"No, it is. I'm done. You never say that to your girlfriend. Or ex." I said.

"Ex?" he asked.

"That's right. We are over! "I said getting out of the car.

"Emily!!" He yelled. But I just ignored him.

We broke up and I was broken inside. But I was not going to be controlled by anyone. Especially not him.