She Chose Dauntless

{-this is a short story

-my own

-not veronica Roth's

-so yes I changed it

-but characters and stuff go to her}

THIS IS HOW I WANTED IT TO END...

"And now I'm going to kill you," said David.

"No you-" I choked on smoke. "-aren't."

I tried to stand up but the bullet in my leg brought me down again. So I crawled over to the desk where the keyboard was.

"Tris, you can't win this game."

I ignored him and typed in the pass code.

"Access granted," the computer animated voice repeated through the room. And then the alarms went off.

Despite how much it hurt, I sprang to my feet and raced toward David and pulled out my gun.

"You did horrible things to my mother," I choked out. "Now horrible things shall happen to you."

"No tris! No!"

I pulled the trigger. And released it.

I heard his screaming stop and finally took it in; that he was dead. He was finally dead.

"Tris!" I heard a familiar voice shout through the doorway of the weapons lap and realize it was Tobias.

I sprang up and ran into his arms, him carrying me bridal style. "You did it," he finally said.

"Yes," I said back to him.

He brushes the hair out of my eyes and kisses me.

"I love you," I said to him. I was sure he thought I looked hideous, with all the debris from the earlier explosions all over me. But he didn't care. He loved me for me.

"I love you, Six. Let's go meet the others."

"Okay."

He took me down the hall and I couldn't help but look at the remains of the Purity War. It was horrible.

I looked back behind Tobias's neck and saw Zoe running to us.

"Tobias stop. Zoe is coming," I said to him, regretting saying that because I didn't want to get in an hour long conversation with her about architecture.

"Tris, I have news. About your mother."

"More?" I raised my eyebrows; they already gave me a lot.

"It has to do with David. You killed him didn't you?"

"Yes why?!"

"Oh no. Tris, he knew where your mom was! And that she is alive!"

Right when she said that, me heart sank and I fell out of Tobias's arms.