One

Approach with caution... because I wrote this story when I was young and hyper [a horrendous combination].

Just wanna say that this story is only PG-13 coz I may or may not... MAY have used some swear words :P hehehe

BYEEEE

Hope you like my book :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

So they all called me Tubby, what's your point? I mean, sure, I should have stood up for myself but hiding it all behind a mask of happiness sounded like a better idea... besides, that was years ago. Back in fourth grade.

At least that's what I used to think. Now, I'm in a new country, a new school and I have a whole new attitude. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a little chubby and sporting a different complexion. I could have been the poster girl for pimple removal products, you know, the one that is in the 'Before' shot? I'm pretty sure I had as many zits' as there were stars on the US Flag; tie me to a pole and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

You're probably wondering why I'm saying all of this. Well, it began in the last few weeks of my summer break when the entire – soon to be – tenth grade class was invited to a beach party at one of the dozens of ocean clubhouses lining the coast to celebrate Abigail Marty's birthday. A wide circle had formed to accommodate one of the rules in Truth or Dare and as the game progressed, I could feel my eyelids start to droop because of how boring the evening had turned out to be. I knew that I was the only person that wasn't enjoying the party but refrained from bringing this up out of a fear of being scowled at.

My attention was directed back to the game when I heard someone say my name and clap. My eyes popped open and I stared past the bottle at a girl with two long blonde pigtails that had her light brown eyes concentrated on me. I didn't know her very well because she had never been in my class but I knew that her name must have been Abigail because that was the name plastered on every single birthday present that she had spent the first half an hour of the party opening.

"Yah?" I asked wearily.

"Truth or dare?" She asked.

I started weighing my options and went with dare because it posed the least risk.

"Okay!" She said cheerfully; a bit too cheerfully. "I dare you to kiss Dylan."

Oh, great! Dylan Strodmire. I hated that bastard. He always knew how to say the right thing that he knew would make me -

"No fucking way!" Came Dylan's booming voice, interrupting my train of thought. "I mean no offense or anything but I don't think I want to have 'I kissed a prude' written anywhere in my memory." Ouch.

"Well, I'm not so sure I want to have 'I kissed an ass' written anywhere in my memory." That was my lame attempt at defending myself but I was surprised to hear a chorus of 'ooh's escape the mouths' of several tenth graders.

"Well, then it's settled." He barked.

"Umm, actually. No, it's not. The bottle landed on me and I dared you to do this so... you kinda have to." Abigail chimed in.

Again, great! I didn't move though. If this was going to happen then he had to come to me. On the bright side, Dylan was pretty hot. He had bluish-green eyes, a slight tan, light brown hair, a set jaw and a body that had definitely been achieved in the gym. The thought still didn't make me feel any better.

I got so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Dylan kneeling right in front of me until his deep voice rang through my ears.

"Can we just get this over with?" He asked.