chapter 2

Monday was quite an eventful day. It was rainy once again but a little more chilly. It was also homecoming week so all I saw all day was posters, balloons, flowers, you name it I saw it.

Not the best thing in the world trust me. After third period I headed over to my fourth period class and where I usually saw Wesley in the halls. But something happened.

He looked over to me this time and it seemed like he needed to tell me something. My stomach was in an eruption of butterflies.

"Hey wait Caroline! It's Caroline right?" I sighed and nodded my head. Of course he didn't know my name.

"So um can we talk? Like privately?" He asked grabbing my arm and bringing me over to this corner behind some vending machine. Class almost started so there weren't many people left in the halls.

"So can I ask you for a favor?"

"What?" I asked trying to hide the smile that was obviously there.

"Um well I don't want people knowing about the incident. It's embarrassing so please just keep it to yourself. It's already enough that my friends haven't even said a word to me all weekend. Not even today." My smile disappeared. I knew this was all he cared about. Embarrassment. Reputation.

"Why do you care so much about what other people think?" I asked boldly. I never really expected something like that to come out my mouth. Let alone anything but ok.

His face froze and he looked a bit confused for some reason. Like I just asked him how many girls he had sex with.

"And you don't?"

"Well I do but I don't think your situation is such a big deal. I mean come on! What parent wouldn't get pissed at their child for drinking without their consent? Let alone under aged."

"Well then why haven't my friends been talking to me?"

"Maybe because they got grounded too! The world doesn't revolve around you Wesley!"

"Well no shit! I'm sorry I care about what other people think!"

He stormed off and my heart ached. What did I just do? You just got into an argument with a complete stranger that's what Caroline. I told myself. How stupid could one person be?

I looked over at the time displaying five minutes past the late bell. Shit.

After school was over I ran up to my room and collapsed into my bed. The next thing I knew I was knocked out.

"Caroline! Wake up! Sofia's at the door." My mom whispered and I looked over at my alarm clock showing 6:30pm.

"Oh yeah. Sofia and I were supposed to go to Eliza's house." I told myself and quickly ran to the bathroom brushing up a bit.

I then ran downstairs to see Sofia in a very revealing shirt. She smiled at me and nodded her head away as if to say "let's go!"

I followed after her to her car and said goodbye to my mom who seemed a bit confused. To be honest I was too.

"Sofia where are we going? And what's with the shirt?" I asked as we started to drive away from my house. a doesn't even need to reveal anything she's gorgeous. She has green eyes in the sun and hazel eyes in the dark and has this perfect complexion and naturally beautiful hair.

"Well Charlie wanted me to come over to his house to work on a project and you know how much I like him so I thought this shirt was necessary." She replied and then I remembered that we were supposed to be going to Eliza's. .

"Wait then why am I coming with you?"

"Because he's having a friend over and I want time with him to myself so I thought that you would be able to step in and-"

She wasn't even able to finish before I know who she was talking about and remembered all that happened today. "No."

"What why? Charlie's friend is hot as hell. And Eliza canceled anyways she said she had too much homework!"

I sighed and realized there was no possible way I could get out of this. Sofia and her stubborn ways. "Fine."

Before I knew it we were all piled into Charlie's room and nothing but lip smacking and the occasional annoyed groan from Wesley.

Sofia and Charlie started to work on their project up until Sofia got tired of it and decided to kick in the flirt. They've been making out for two minutes and you could already tell Wesley was about done.

Meanwhile, I was trying to scroll through Instagram avoiding possible awkward eye contact with Wesley. He seemed to be doing the same thing up until he decided to get up and tap on their shoulders.

"Hey! Maybe you guys should get back to work because isn't that project worth 100 points? Plus I'd rather not have to watch two people eating their faces off like no other."

I was so happy I almost blurted out a "thank you" but instead it turned into a mumble.

Sofia looked at me with a flushed, embarrassed face as if this was some how my fault right?

"Alright fine. We'll work on the project but maybe tomorrow. You guys should hit off too man i'd hate for you guys just to sit and watch." Charlie said and Sofia happily nodded her head and looked at both of us.

I was sat on the opposite side of the room on his desk chair while Wesley sat against his door. We both looked at each other and for a brief moment I thought maybe he would actually do it.