Chapter 2

I woke up in a white, brightly lit room. There was no furniture except for a small chair and a big flatscreen TV. I shaded my eyes. My head throbbed, I was sore all over and I just felt like crap in every way. There was no bed or anything, so I just laid on the hard, cold floor. I wanted nothing more than to sleep.

  Of course, I didn't have that option. Soon after waking up, the same man I saw in Mr. Schmidt's room entered through a door behind me. Then I remembered all that had happened. I immediately sat up and demanded answers.

"Who are you?! Where am I?! What did you do with Mr. Schmidt and the rest of the class?!" I yelled at him with all I had, but I still had the feeling it was pointless. 

He said nothing.

"YOU SAID YOU WOULD ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS!!!"

He sighed. "Just watch this. I will explain things to you, but it may be hard for you to take in." He pulled a remote out of his pocket and turned the TV to the local news.

I got off the floor and sat on the chair, eyes glued to the screen. It was just a cheap folding chair, but it that's better than the floor. The metal felt cold against my skin.

  My school was headline news! National news! For a second, I was excited. But that excitement soon faded to horror. The news reporter said, "All students and staff at Westway Middle School, in Iowa, were told to go inot a lockdown, due to an unknown cause."

Unknown cause? Now could they not know why?

"The lockdown happened when a convicted serial murderer escaped from prison and entered the building. He is seen in coming in on security cameras, but soon after, all of them go dark."

The camera footage was played. The same man that was standing next to me was showed, simply walked into the school. My jaw dropped. I thought I was going to die that day. 

****WILL WRITE MORE, OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!!****