I'm Just Your...Positive Reinforcement

**Prince Gumball's POV**

I wake to an empty and cold bed. Immediately I sit up and search for Marshall. He's gone. 

I run a hand through my hair. It's matted with...stuff. A sigh escapes my lips and I walk to the bathroom to wash the crud out of my hair.

---

 Marshall was on my mind the entire time I showered. I kept wondering where he was and if he was okay, and I still wonder as I sit on my bed.

Maybe I should just own up to my feelings about him. He'd like that, and I'd love to see him smile. But...I still have the kingdom to think about. What will my subjects think? Will they reject me or embrace me?

Honestly, I believe they will still like me, but will be a little cautious. I would. Yet my fears are restricting me I don't really know what my subjects will do. I can only hope and hope that it's enough.

So I'm going to do it. The next time Marshall comes around, I'll tell him how I feel. Or maybe I should find him? This is so confusing. I don't know the proper thing to do. I always know the proper thing to do. Not knowing what to do scares me.

But before I tell Marshall, I should admit it to myself. Because I really need the closure or else I'll go mad. So...

I love Marshall Lee.

I love a man.

I am gay.

*-*-*

**Marshall Lee's POV**

(You're lucky, I was just gonna cut it off and make it uber-short. I wasn't even gonna make Marshall's POV, but I wanted to be nice. YOU'RE WELCOME!)

I sit on Fionna's old, brown couch whille she stands before me looking extremely pissed off. 

"Marshall," she says in a dangerously calm voice. Man, that voice is scary. "Care to explain why you're here and why you look guilty?"

I begin to sputter, "Well, uhm, you see..ah...I had something to, uh, tell you but if you're busy then...er...you know what, forget it...it didn't...ah, it wasn't...uhm important....ah..." I rub the back of my neck just for something to do.

Suddenly I am thrown against the creaky wooden wall. Fionna's...wait, when did she get a throwing knife? Anyways, her knife has pinned me against the wall by my shirt. 

Another thump sounds and now both my shoulders are tacked to the wall with daggers. "Tell me!" Fionna shrieks.

I try to twist so the knives fall out, but they don't budge. Fionna has a very powerful throw. "No! I don't wanna!" I shout back at her.

I suck in my breath as she produces a big sword. And I mean huge. This thing could probably skewer me and still have room for an elephant. Before I thought I was scared. Now I fear for my life. An angry Fionna is not a good one.

"Fionna, calm down, okay? Just calm down and put the sword away and we can-" I pause as she presses the very tip of her sword against my throat. It nicks ever so slightly and green blood trickles down my shirt.

"Marshall Lee, tell me now." Her voice is clearly a commanding one; she won't let me say no. So I have to tell her.

My words come out in a stream. They shoot at her like bullets. "I was with Gumball and we were fighting but then I kissed him and he kissed me back and it got heavier then we took it to the bed and we had sex and I'm REALLY REALLY SORRY FIONNA!"

I cringe, waiting for my impending beheading. Much to my surprise though, I hear laughter. I look to see Fionna doubled over, howling with laughter. Tears pool at her eyes from so much hilarity.

"Do you htink this is funny?!" I cry at her. "I thought you were going to murder me!"

Fionna wipes the tears from her eyes and straightens herself. "Of course I wasn't going to really hurt you, Marshall, you're my best friend. Let's just call the sword and the knives 'positive reinforcement'." She winks at that.

My jaw drops open. Positive reinforcement?! What the flub?! That's called assault!

Before I can rant and rave at Fionna, though, I hear a knock at the door and see a familiar face at the window.

Author's note:

HEY GUYS!

I FINALLY UPLOADED!

WOO!

I hope you guys loved it. I know this one was a particularly fun one to write (teehee at the title). I just love Fifi ;)

Who's at the window? Mysterious...

Okay, before I publish chapter four there are two things I want (heheh): at least five votes and at least two comments. I think you guys can do it, yeah?

Dedicated to XwhostolemybunniesX, aka Lance for helping me with my writer's block. YAY LANCE! GO CHECK OUT HIS STORY!

With that I bid you adieu, my dear readers. Until next time: VOTE! COMMENT! FAN! LOVE!

~Sunny