1

9/19/16 Monday 10:08

It's nutrition right now. As usual, I'm alone in the choir studio. My best friend, Sunnie, doesn't come around anymore. I miss her. But I can understand why she's stressed. Being stubborn, she decided to take AP and Honor classes. I worry for her as always.

||||||||||||||||||||||||

The door to the studio opened, revealing a disheveled Sunnie. I immediately hide my journal in my pocket and look to her.

"How was 2nd period?" She didn't answer as she sat down beside me on the piano bench and stared down at the black and white keys, void of emotion. Or so I thought.

"I think I just got bullied," she muttered. My eyes widened in shock as I turned my full towards her. Tears overflowed in her broken gaze. That radiant, hyper, and exciting friend I knew was being copied by the very entity of pain.

"Who?" I asked, trying to keep myself calm, despite the presence of a thousand hurricanes and tornadoes raging within me. She shook her head and said softly, "It doesn't matter." The moment those words were uttered, I knew who it was. The boy who wants me dead.

Everyone knows that you don't kill someone by killing them alone. To truly kill someone, you have to injure the people they hold most dear.

He succeeded. The me who showed mercy, is gone. In her place, is a living hell in a meat suit.

"Don't try to find out who did it. Don't try to hurt them. Please?" she pleaded a strong but mellow plea. I looked at her tear-filled eyes and the storms almost quelled. Almost. A small, assuring smile masked the apocalypse in my mind and heart.

"I won't."

Yes. I. Will.

||||||||||||||||||||||||

9/19/16 Monday 12:44 PM

After what me and Sunnie talked about, I haven't been able to concentrate on my studies. The storm is still raging, but something else is happening. I don't know when it started, but something started to grow inside of me. Something in the mind. Something doctors can't see without some sort of instrument to assist them. Whatever it is, it's changing me. And not for the best. I'll notify you when I have anything else to report about my condition and my success in taking down the demon.

- HelEna LaPis MendEz