Chapter 16

A/N: I wanted to try POV but in all honesty I kinda hated it. Enjoy or at least try to enjoy :) next chapter I will fix and try to come back from this mess.

It was about two in the morning when Alex arrived back into New York. She knew she couldn't wake her mother up, and her driver was probably not available either so she decided to über home.

~Alex POV~

"Home.." I said softly opening the door to my penthouse.

Something didn't feel right. It was empty, cold and lonely. I wouldn't have mind being here alone four months ago but something changed in me. Piper changed me. I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Piper that I had made it knowing she was probably asleep.

Alex: Hey, I landed and I'm at home now just letting you know, I love you so much goodnight <3

And almost instantly she replied.

Piper: alright good get some sleep I love you so much I'll see you soon <3 goodnight

My heart immediately sank. It wasn't going to be soon. It was going to be months. And I was pretty petrified of what could happen during that time period. Piper said she wouldn't let anything bad happen but it still scared the hell out of me. But I couldn't really dwell on that I was so exhausted from traveling so I decided to call it a night.

•-•-•

"Alex!" My mom shouted. It was a great week so far I only had a couple days left before me and Nicky would have to go back for God knows how long. I just wanted to stay here. I didn't want to leave, but this was important to both Nicky and I. And we were both calling it after this. No more tours. No more worries.

"Common mom.. Live a little." I smirked.

"Alexandra Vause I'm not going bungee jumping off this fucking cliff. Do you hear me?"

"Nope lets go." I dragged my mother and the instructors had gotten us ready for our fall.

"Oh my god Alex I swear to god if I die on this damn thing I'm gonna haunt you till you die."

"Oh stop being a wuss and jump already." I grabbed her hand and front flipped off the cliff. All I could hear were loud screams and laughs coming from my mother and all I could think about is me leaving. Was I depressed. I hadn't any reason to be. I'm doing my job. Right? I didn't even know anymore.

After we finished our final activity of the day my mom and I went back to her house. We ordered pizza and talked about how Georgia was. And I explained everything to her.

"You want me to move down there to watch her?" She asked me.

"No mom. Although that's smart... No. This is what a relationship is. Trusting each other. So I trust Piper and I don't think I need I need to put supervisions on her. However I did give her my bank account information. If you really want to watch something... Watch that. But she said she probably wasn't gonna use it." I joked. Obviously Piper wasn't ever going to touch it. So I'd go and come back and everything would probably be the same.

"Well I think you two have something very special. I want to meet her Alex. When you get back.. in one piece." she said smiling, my mom always knew how to cheer me up even in the worst times. "What's the plan for tomorrow?"