Introduction

She thought she was normal.
She thought seeing life in a colorful scheme is a common place.
That is until she had problems...

It was afternoon that day, Cassidy and her older sister, she calls Nana were playing dolls, depicting how her sister and her soulmate will meet. Her Nana huffed and pouted. "Hey, Cassie, you think it's true? That when you meet your 'the one', colors would burst into life? Like a missing piece would just click in you life you didn't know was missing? Like, like... I don't know, they just seem to just say it's a beautiful union of souls and all of that romantic whatevers." The little girl only stared at her, being six, and Nana, 13, Cassie never really understood what her sister  is saying. Something that she only understood was colors bursting to life. "I don't know, I'm not yet allowed to watch movies like that... Nana, why would colors burst into life? What does that mean?" Nana's eyes twinkled in excitement. She likes talking about soulbonds back then, it is like a fairy tale to her. "So you see Cassie, what we see right now is just plain ol' gray, bland, boring, dark. But, if you meet your the one, colors in any form you imagine will creep in and then your world will become a happier place! Not dark, colorful, happy place!" Cassie scrunched her face and told her in a confused manner, "But I see colors Nana."

They never talked about it again. Cassidy knew her Mom knew but she never mentioned, no one did. So she understood, it is not to be spoken about.

Life hasn't been great since then, faking what Cassie sees wasn't a problem. A crumbling family is. Her Dad cheated on her Mom with Dr. Collins. She saw them kissing on an alleyway on the way home. Cassie was angry, almost saw red. Instead, she saw gray. Her Dad left to play house with his other woman and her family. Cassie used to be friends with Dr. Collins' children.

Cassidy's Mom got so depressed she forgot she has kids. She barely slept, crying until her eyes got so puffy, not eating. Basically, being hollow vessel. Cassie got disappointed, shouted at her to get a grip. She just stared on the wall. Her color drained out too.

Her Nana, takes care for them now. She's grateful to have an older sister like her. But then, she got pregnant, Jason, her boyfriend left when he found out. Cassie used to like the guy. Now they both just become bland washed out color.

Charlie, her older brother, next to Nana,  supposedly helping, but he sank into his peers. Drugs, smoking, alcohol. You already know what happened.

Cassidy looked at herself in the mirror. She watched slowly, colors dripping, blending, until she closed her eyes to relieve the hurt. When she opened them, all there was gray.