Chapter 29

Harry's P.O.V

I turned around to make sure that Anna went back inside, then wiped the sweat from my forehead and continued on with the hammock.

My rough callused fingers made there way along the soft fabric, grabbing one end of it and hammering it to one of the trees. I did it with the other, then sat on it to make sure it was sturdy.

I'm not usually this productive, but Anna meant a lot to me. A piece of home here would do her good, well thats what I thought anyway.

What if it hurt her more? A constant reminder that home wasn't a safe haven anymore, and that going back there would be absolutley fucking dangerous?

I placed the copy of "The Fault In our Stars" on the hammock and smiled at the thought that maybe this could make her happy. All I wanted her to be was happy wherever she was.

The hot concrete burned my feet as I quickly padded across to the house to get Anna. I opened the bedroom door to the lounge room and found her lazed on the couch, her brown hair messy and her green eyes a beautiful shade.

Her head turned to me and a smile plastered her face, one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen in my life.

"Your surprise is ready." My hands gestured to the glass sliding door in the bedroom that led to the garden.

Before I could even blink she grabbed ahold of my hand and dragged me to the backyard eager to see what I had done for her.

As the hammock came into her sight, one of her hands quickly covered her mouth in a shocked way, tears started welling up in her eyes as she squeezed my hand tight with her other hand.

What the fuck have I done?

"Anna I'm so sorry I shouldn't have done this."

"What are you talking about? Harry this is beautiful I can't thankyou enough." The tears seemed endless as she stared at the hammock and realised "The Fault In Our Stars" was placed in the middle of it.

"I just thought it would make you feel better, that's all." I pulled her to my chest as she sobbed into my shirt.
Anna let go of me and walked over to the hammock and layed down in it, staring up at the blue sky.

I watched her for a moment and then walked over to the hammock, climbing into it and cradling her close to me as we rocked gently back and forth in the warm wind.

(Chapter 30 will be up soon! xx)