Mona Reincarnate

(I don't own the profile picture.)

“Some of us are not as we seem. The race of man will never know that it is not they who run the world. No it is I.” Quote from Alexander Suven.

Chapter 1: The Legend that is Him

“Alright class.” The class other than a few of us ignored Mrs. Noble. I was one of the few oddballs who enjoyed having a class dedicated to fantasy literature. It was my favorite class in this Hell hole called Tanner High School. She tried to quiet them all again, once again it failed. With all my might I slammed my fist into the table a bang echoed through the room.  It worked and everyone shut up. Mrs. Noble threw me a thankful look. I was her favorite student.

Leaning forward in my chair I waited for the new book she was assigning today. She pulled out a thick old book and everyone groaned excepted for me who smiled slightly. Then she pulled out a different set of small newer books and we all became confused. “Okay everyone we’ll be reading Truth among Elves a short history on elven culture.” Many people grimaced, I grinned. Elven culture is just so interesting. Everyone shuffled into a line to get a book. Someone shoved me to the very back of the line. It didn’t bother me though, I was used to it.

Once I reached Mrs. Noble’s desk all the books were gone. “Am I going to have to rent it from the library?”

“Nope, you see this big book here.” She placed a hand on the large book that was without a doubt a first addition copy. I nodded and she continued, “I know how you love the darker fantasy stories full of tragedy and everything, Mona. So I found this book for you to read instead. I haven’t read it but I know you’ll actually read it. Though be careful this is a one of a kind and was never printed. I reckon it’s about 300 years old. How it’s survived in such a condition is shocking but be careful.”

By the end of her explanation I was grinning ear to ear. She smiled slightly at this. Taking the book and holding it like it was made of glass I returned to my seat. Just before I could sit down the bell rang calling for lunch. Packing up I headed out to my locker. Looking in the small mirror on the door I saw my unnatural crimson eyes. The doctor was never able to understand the hellion appearance I had. From my red eyes and ebony hair. I wore no makeup and wore a simple red and black striped shirt and black skinnies with my favorite knee high combat boots. Setting the book in my locker I closed it and headed for lunch.

Sitting by my only friend, she smiled at me. Everyone else learned that freaks were to be shunned from a young age I guess Cara was never taught how to be an asshole. She knew everything about me from the fact I liked to read to the point how I liked to dance in front of a mirror.  We’re both 17 now nearing the end of school. Our dream was to move to Great Britain and live in a small flat together. Returning the smile I examined her outfit that day. Her dirty blond little past shoulder length hair was down with like normal her bangs over one eye. The seeable eye was a stunning sapphire blue; she wore a light line of black eyeliner.

Her top was a simple grey ACDC T-shirt, she wore a mid-thigh grey skirt and under it grey and black striped tights, and on her feet were black flats with little button skulls on them. “Nice outfit.” I complimented.

“Ditto. Hey you doing anything this weekend?”

“Nope I’ve got the house to myself. I was thinking of having a movie day and a reading day because I was assigned a new book from Mrs. Noble.”

“Mind if I join you over that movie day.” I was more a statement then a question.

“Of course.”

“What will we be watching?”

“I was thinking The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.”

“Woo having a little Aragorn action.” She said kissing her own hand. Laughing I shook my head.