Alpha Strong Ch. 3

[3]

Just then Laila stepped right in front of Chris and bared her teeth, like she was smiling. 

"No, you don't want to piss me off. If you do, you'll wish your fuzzy little head was never conceived. Reggie Hun, please stop bowing, I really want you to stop bowing." 

Reggie stood regularly and went to Laila. 

"Lady Alpha.." 

"Please call me Laila." she interjected. 

"Laila then, we have just moved here. We live on Baer and we we're hoping to join your pack. If that's alright." 

"Let's go to the meeting place. There may be hunters around."

They all started running back to the meeting place, Reggie and Chris following and Laila at the head of the pack. Chris kept trying to keep pace with Carson who was at Laila's right flank, but he just couldn't. When they got to the meeting place Reggie gasped. 

"What's wrong Reggie?" 

Laila asked with genuine care in her soft voice. 

"The paw burned onto the leaves. Who did this?" 

"I did, why do you ask?" 

"Because Laila, that means your more than just a female Alpha. Do your parents know that you've done this?" 

"No they haven't morphed in awhile." 

"Well, go get them to come out here, they need to see this." 

Laila didn't want to though.. 

"Carson, will you please please please go get my parents. Pllleeeeaaassseeee?" 

"Of course, I'll be right back." 

He walked past Laila and gave her a nudge.

Laila's POV

Carson nudged me, and no one saw it but he winked at me too. I think Carson is flirting with me!!!! I've always like Carson, always. But my dad kept saying don't get into a relationship so young, you never know if you can keep the pack a secret. 

But what if the guy was in the pack??? Hmmm. We'll have to see where this lead's us. 

"Laila.. Are you ok?" Reggie asked 

"Oh yea.. I'm fine." 

I sat down. 

"So, where are you from?" 

"Well, we came from Chicago, but I was born in Scotland." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, really? I'm your son and you never bothered to tell me this?" That punk kid Chris said 

"You never asked!!" Reggie answered "But yes my lady, I am originally from Scotland. I moved here when I was 18. My pack had died off so I can searching for your father, he came to Scotland when I was 16 and he stayed for a year. We became good friends." 

"That's you in the pictures?" 

"Sure is." He said with a toothy grin. 

"Laila, Laila what's wrong?" My dad had come with my mom following and Carson following up the back. 

"Reggie? Is that you?" 

"It is, how are you Callum?" 

"I'm good Reg, I'm good. This is my wife Carly." 

They all bumped heads as a Hello. 

"So, why were we sent for?" 

"Callum, did you know your daughter burnt that into that tree?"