Chapter 3

Songs for this chapter:

Wolves by One Direction

A.M by One Direction

Temporary Fix by One Direction

Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey

I Fell... Hard

Things were awkward between Roni and Gabby. They haven't spoken much. I didn't know which side to stay. Roni said that she needed to be left alone, so I ended up being with Gabriel. As much as I want to comfort Roni, Gabby has always been my best friend. I know how he gets. I know how he feels, too.

"I wish this didn't happen. I just don't know what to do. I didn't know what I did. What the frick is wrong with me?" He said, breaking the silence between us.

"What happened? I feel like I'm missing something here."

"Roni and I had ended things. Yes, I'm sorry I haven't told you. Now, I feel worse about not telling you. Gosh, Djien! I'm so sorry." He is now on full sobbing and I was quick enough to engulf him in a hug.

"Shh, it's okay. Stop crying, Gabby." I cooed. My heart breaks whenever I see him crying and hurting. But what really broke my heart is that my best friend broke his heart. I don't care if she's my best friend when it comes to hurting the ones that I love. I just hate it when an innocent person like him is hurting like this.

I have loved this guy since elementary and somebody would just hurt him. What's wrong with people?

Gabriel remained quiet the whole time. He still made snide comments about our teachers, copied my assignments. It was a normal day. It made me happy to see him recovering.

"Yo, Gabe! Are you courting that girl from the other section?" Mark asked as he passed by us.

Gabriel looked taken aback. "Uh, y-yea. N-no progress yet, I g-guess." He shrugged. Why is he stuttering? 

"Courting someone, huh? Is she cute?" I asked, joking him. But deep down inside, I was breaking into a million pieces. 

"She's okay, I guess." We stayed silent until another teacher comes in.

Comments here, giggles there. I've missed this kind of Gabriel,  to be honest. Their break up made him much more quiet than before. The bags under his eyes where very visible unlike now.

"Look at her arm while she writes!" Gabby whispered while jotting down notes. "What the heck is that?"

"Damn, that's nasty." John said as we all sniggered. The teacher hushed us but nobody's gonna stop Gabriel from commenting on all of the stuff that she's doing and saying.

"Hey, Djien! Can you put some of my books on your locker? My bag's kinda heavy."

"Yea, sure. I'll just bring them out with me tomorrow morning." I said, as we proceeded to the locker area. Students started filing out of their classrooms and into the locker area, making it smaller than it already is.

"Thanks, Djien! I'll see you tomorrow, then?" He asked.

"Yup. Drive safely."

As much as I hate waking up early for school, I have to. As I did my morning routine and stuff, I left home early as usual.

I arrived quite early. I was the only student here. No teachers, just the staff.

I sat down on my designated seat and pulled out a novel to kill time. As my classmates start to arrive, I got up and headed towards the locker area to avoid conflict.

As I was piling the books for our first half, someone came by and gave me a jump start.

"WHAT THE FRICK, GABBY!" I yelled. He just stood there, laughing his bum out.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You looked so serious, seriously stop drinking coffee." He said as he grabbed both of his and my books. We looked like a couple while heading back to our room. He was carrying the majority of our subjects on the first half. We had 3 subjects, so he was carrying double.

"You look good together." A girl from the lower year said to us as we pass by her.

I felt my cheeks turned bright red as she smiled at us. Why must you do this to me, young earthling? Damn it!

Gabby remained silent. Still walking with a poker face.

That's weird.

Gabriel's P.O.V

"You look good together." Annie, a girl from the 7th grade said as we walk past her. I saw Djien turn bright red as I force myself to stay in my poker face expression.

I gave out a low chuckle, "Hey, why are you bright red?"

Taunting her made her even bright red, "I am not!" She swatted my chest as I continue laughing at her and her bright red cheeks.

We were called for our home room meeting, Djien went on ahead with Roni as I waited for my friends, being the last ones to arrive.

"Okay, since all of you have been stressed out with the exams, we would like to give you a time off for today until Friday." Our head teacher told us. I quickly stole a look from Djien, earning a gleeful smile from her. I gave her a thumbs up as we were dismissed.

"Whoa, wait! Hold on for a sec. 7th graders will depart first." 

We stayed seated on the floor as 9th graders finally stood up to head over to their classroom. A tall, skanky guy kept on eyeing Djien as he emerged from the queue. 

"Who the hell is that guy?" I asked John. We stood up as he eyed the tall guy entering the classroom. 

"Clyde. He's freakishly tall, huh? Why'd you ask?"

"He kept on looking at Djien." I said, I can hear the venom in my voice.

John just shrugged as we all crammed in the small hallway. As I enter the classroom, I saw Djien gathering all our books up, struggling at the amount of books she had to carry.

"Hey, let me help you with that." I said, as she piled both of our books in my arms. We walked together again in the locker area and saw the tall guy, Clyde.

"Hey, Djien!" He said with a smile.

"Hey." Djien shyly replied.

Am I missing something here? Why is that lower life form talking to Djien? And why the hell is Djien blushing? What the frick is happening?

"Gabriel Rafael Castello! Yooo! Earth to Gabby?" Djien snapped her fingers repeatedly in front of my face.

"What? Sorry,  I zoned out." She rolled her eyes as she looked up. What the frick is she looking at? I followed her gaze to see Clyde.

That lower life form!

"Gabby, this is Clyde. Clyde, meet my best friend, Gabriel." She said.

Best friend.

Best. Fricking. Friend.

"Hey." I said coldly. Earning a pinch on my side from Djien. I scoffed as I put an arm around her to lead her back to our classroom.

-----CLASSROOM-----

"What the  hell is wrong with you?!" Djien practically screamed at me.

"What? Why are you screaming at me? Shouldn't I be asking you that?" 

"You were rude earlier. What was that about?" She calmed down as she realizes what I have said.

"Nothing, okay? Just.. Just forget about it." I sat down and distract myself for a while.