SAALA, KAMINA, KUTTA!

Kriti's POV:

-----------------Dream Sequence-------------------

I looked on from my bench as I saw Aryaan flirting with a girl around my age. He was being too nice with her and it was pissing me off. I scowled as she giggled at his antics. What's so even great about her? Why is he always running after them?

Giving a last glance at my so-called best friend, I went back to my assignment. I need to finish this by tomorrow. And unlike Aryaan, who is assigned as my partner, wouldn't do anything to help me, it was up to me to finish it just so we don't fail. God knows if I don't finish this on time. Forget the college, my dad will be the first one to punish me for this.

" Kriti chal na! Kya kar rahi hai tu?" I heard Shalu scream behind me, pulling my arm forcibly. I closed my eyes to get my breathing in control. I was too angry to deal with her. " Kriti!"

" WHAT?!" I snapped, banging my pen against the wooden table. It made loud a noise around the room, grabbing few eyes here and there.

"Chal na! Aaaj college fest hai! " She continued, ignoring my angry look. " You shouldn't be cooped up in this library today! Look, even aryaan is having his fun!" I looked at her raised arm which was aiming at a flirting Aryaan outside the library window.

"Toh uss kamine ke paas jaa ke enjoy kar na! Mera dimak kyu kha rahi hai?" I snapped again, before going back to my assignment. I heard a moment of Silence from her side. I guess she was surprised at my outburst.

" Kamina?" She questioned, plopping down into the chair beside me. " Phir se? Ab kya hua tum dono ke beech mei?" I gave her a stink eye. She knows everything and she's still acting so clueless. "Yaar, sare din fight fight. Tum logo ko aur kuch nahi aata hai kya?"

" Koi fight nahi hui hai!" I said, telling her the truth. It's just I'm pissed at his flirting. " Sirf gussa aa raha hai!" I said again, fixing my large glasses back onto my face. Yup, I wear glasses. Big ones!

" Par kyu?"

" Seriously shalu? Can't you see woh kya kar raha hai?" I hissed out pointing at his flirting. Her head moved in the same direction but I could still see that dumb look on her face. " Shalu, you're my close friend and you still can't see what I'm trying to show you?" That's when her eyes lit up.

" Ohh.." She said slowly, looking at me and then Aryaan. I shook my head at her slow approach. "Then Kriti, why don't you just tell him everything?"

"Are you mad?" I said, scoffing at her suggestion. " Kya bolo? ki aryaan I like you?" I mimicked. " Shalu, agar meine asa kuch kaha toh, hamari friednhsip will be ruined. I know he doesn't like me. Face to face rejection mila toh I won't be able to bear it." I said, looking down in sudden sadness. "I have seen it in his eyes. He only likes me as a best friend. And only as a best friend."

"No, he doesn't, kriti." I looked up at her in hope. " He really likes you. Haven't you noticed the way he takes care of you? Or the fact he always stands up for you and how you two seem to share everything?"

"But that's what friends do, shalu!" I said, feeling my eyes water. " Even you do that for me, don't you?" I asked her. She seemed to realize it.

" yeah.."

" So that doesn't mean he like me." I said slowly, noticing how our conversation had grabbed few eyes around the library.

"Idea!" She said, clicking her fingers. I looked at her irritably. Her ideas are always wild and out of the world.

" NO! NO!" I said, shaking my head and hands at her. There's no way I will go along with any of her plans. " Tere se idea liya toh meri life mushkil mei aa jaye gi."