I

~ Red Moon ~

I'm excited for tonight. Why? Red Moon.

Many people say the red moon isn't real. It's just a myth that gets people hype about finding their "perfect other".

Others say if you meet at our Central Park at exactly 11:50 pm during red moon, you'll find the person you'll marry.

I never used to believe in that garbage but my bestie got me hype this year.

"Via, hurry uuuuup," Cecilia whined as I put the finishing touches on my English homework essay.

Cecilia's my ultimate bestie. She's been my best friend since kindergarten.

I still remember how I met her.

// start flashback //

"Go say hi to our new neighbor, Olivia!" my mom smiled and gave me a slight push towards her door.

I shifted the plate of cookies to my right hand and rang the rusted doorbell with my left.

Soon after I rang the doorbell, a small blonde appeared at the door.

"Hi, I'm Olivia!" I stuck a small hand out for her to shake.

She was a bit hesitant at first but soon gladly took mine and shook it.

I held out the freshly baked cookies and put it in her face. "I brought you some cookies too!"

Soon a bigger figure of her stood in front of me and smiled as she took the cookies. I introduced myself to her mom and her mom went to mine and chatted.

"W-want to come inside?" she said and I nodded. We both ran inside the house and played together.

// end flashback //

"Ok ok I'm done! Geesh," I said and got up.

I walked to my closet and she met me there.

"Let's go!" she grabbed my hand and ran down the stairs to my front door.

"I need to get dressed first!" I yelled and attempted to yank my hand away.

"No you look fine."

I sighed and she shoved me into her car. I got situated and slipped on my seatbelt as she started to back out of my driveway and head towards the mall.

I attempted to reach towards the radio to turn on music but she slapped my hand. "Driver touches the radio," she hissed and gripped the wheel again.

I rolled my eyes and checked my phone. "Only an hour and thirty minutes until I meet my soulmate," I remarked and she stepped on the gas even more. "Gah, slow down!" I grabbed the little handle thingies on my right hand side above me.

"I'm sorry I'm just so excited!" she squeaked back.

We made it to the mall and shoved our through the crowded walkways all the way to Forever 27.

She dragged me inside and purchased a dress. When I slipped it on, I examined myself in the fitting room mirror.

I grimaced at my reflection. I looked at the messy bun I had managed to do before missing the bus this morning.

I was hideous. People would tell me, "Oh, Olivia, you're so pretty!" but I don't ever believe them. Like, you need to clear out your eyes because I'm the opposite of that.

I walked out with the cherry-printed dress and my trusty converses.

Unfortunately, Cecilia had noticed my shoes and squinted her eyes. "Olivia Faith Hart. What did I tell you about wearing sneakers with dresses?!"

She's told me that a million times before. Of course, I never listened because I LOVE these shoes to death.

She shook her head and took something out from the Forever 27 bag.

"Luckily, I, the best best friend in the whole entire world, bought you some pretty heels!" she made me sit down and handed me the shoes.

I hated heels with a burning passion because they hurt my feet but if I didn't want to hear her yelling all night, I just put them on.

"Ugh, CeCe," I groaned and walked back and forth stumbling over myself a few times but soon got the hang of it.

We gathered our things and walked to Stephanie make up.

From there we got our makeup done.

Well, she got her makeup done. I just slapped some red lipstick on and called it day.

When the man who was doing her face finished, she took a few selfies.

After that, we both walked to the car and started driving to Central Park.

We made it just in time because they were already starting.

This is how the ceremony works:

Everyone stands in a spot and the council of this event goes around and puts blindfolds on everyone and spins them around so they lose their sense of direction.

When everyone is blindfolded, they blow the blow horn and the civilians start walking around. If two people meet up and hug (chest to chest), that means they are destined to be.

CeCe and I split up. I went over by the woods with a whole bunch of other people and waited for my turn to be blindfolded.

I was nervous.

What if I got my arch enemy? Then I'd know this is a fraud.

After they tied the blindfold around my head, I started my journey. I had my arms in front of me to make sure I wasn't running into any trees.

I felt hands around my waist and I smiled. My smile soon fell when they were pulling me backwards and into the woods. "Omg I think we're going the wrong way," I said and hoped they'd turn around.

Soon, I felt another pair of hands on my waist and then teeth tugged my dress as the other four hands let go.

"Let go of me!" I kicked but it was of no use. I could tell I was facing the ground and they had the back of my dress.

"This was a terrible idea," I muttered.

After about 5 minutes, this person set me down on a log. I slowly and carefully removed of the blindfold from my eyes and took sight of three guys standing in front of me.