Chapter 1: Another Day at school

The young middle school boy Dipper was walking down the halls to his next class. His school uniform felt a bit uncomfortable.

"Stupid thing." 

He kept clawing at it as he ran down the hall to his next class. He was a top student at his school, having a 4.0-grade average. His assignments were always a breeze to him. Being late to class was not good for his attendance for that matter. He finally made it to his next class, social studies. There was his teacher Mr. Cipher. Ugh, he really didn't like this guy so far. He was a fancily dressed man with a black top hat, and yellow coat, Had fancy spiky blonde hair, a little black beard, pretty much dressy everything. He always creeped Dipper out, watching his every move as he made his way to the back of the class. Even though he was smart and decent looking boy, he was an outcast.

"Hey Dipstick,"

"What?" Dipper glared.

He looked up to have a book thrown at his face. The whole class of boys was laughing except Mr. Cipher.

"Ehm class."

They all stopped cold. They knew his temper could go from zero to one at times and it wasn't pretty.

"Okay let's get started. Shall we then?" Mr. Cipher questioned the class raising a brow.

One fat chubby kid named Michael called out "You aren't going to call Dipshit out for being late to class?"

"Watch your language, Mr. Michael." Mr. Cipher threatened.

"That is none of your concern. As long as he makes an effort to get to class on time from now on."

Michael huffed in his seat muttering swear words under his breath.

"Now we will start with the ancient times. Can anybody come up here and give me a summary of what it was about?"

Dipper didn't really raise his hand that much unless he knew it was for a participation grade. Only in his french and German class was there a participation grade. He pulled out a notebook ready to take notes with his ink. He just wanted somebody to go up there, write his notes, and then zoom out of here. A lot of people in the class had their hand raised. Except Michael and his gang. They were just retards with rich parents. There's no other way they could be sent to a school like this.

Mr. Cipher scanned the room. Most of the class was getting tired by this point because it was taking him so long. What was he doing? Picking to see who was his favorite? Dipper had dazed out and started to daydream when he thought he heard his name.

"Dipper Pines."

Michael punched his elbow hard.

"Hey stupid Dipshit. He's calling your name."

Dipper shook his head out of his daydream. The whole class was staring at him. Including Mr. Cipher. He almost swore a playful smirk was at the corner of his lips.

"Please come up to the board Mr.Pines. No dozing off in my class."

Dipper got up out of his seat, making his way up to the board with his head down.

Dipper started to write, yikes this chalk was already halfway down, that's when he felt the fancy gloved hand grab his own.

"Let's get rid of that one. Here's a fresh piece of chalk." He let got of Dipper's hand as he blushed furiously trying not to face the class. Couldn't he see this was humiliating? The teacher grabbing his hand?! Mr. Cipher handed a new piece and he began to write hastily then back down.

"Very good Mr.Pines."

~

After about 45 minutes class had ended and the bell had rang. He was about to rush out when Mr.Cipher had stopped him.

"Your grades aren't doing very well in this class Mr.Pines. What's going on?" he questioned accusingly, as a dreamy look seemed to cross his face. He twirled the stick he used to point to the board in class.

Dipper knew he had the wrong person. "What? No you have the wrong person. I'm a straight A stud-"

"Not from what my eye can see."

And yes. Mr. Cipher always wore an eyepatch. He said he had lost it fighting some guy in an alley way. Which the whole class gossiped about from time to time. He was a wealthy man. What would he be doing in an alleyway of drunk bastards that had no jobs? He pulled out a piece of paper from under his desk and showed Dipper.

"A D+. Now I know you can do better than that."

Dipper snatched the paper out of his hands. His eyes almost popped out of his head. He knew he studied well for this test like any other. This made no sense.

"I-I"

"You know it's the weekend." Mr. Cipher replied as he trailed his fingers along his desk. Something was off about him and Dipper was quite uncomfortable wanting to get the hell out of here as fast as he could.

"Look I-"

"You could come over to my own house and I could tutor you."

"What no? It was just one failed test!" Dipper argued getting quite irritated.

"Oh, really?"

Mr. Cipher pulled out multiple other papers shoving them in his face.

"I think you may need help remembering how to break down things and remember them."

Dipper hadn't seen his grade yet. But he was for sure those test were right.

"This is ridiculous I'll figure it out on my own." he walked out to his next class when Mr.Cipher called to him.

"I already called your guardians and they said you should get tutoring."

"What? You can't just do that-"

"Yes actually I can. It's for your own good. Trust me. You can ride with me in my carriage after school."

"I have my own carriage. Thank you very much! Hm!"

"I'll see you after school," Mr Cipher replied, getting back to business grading papers.

"No-Hmph!" Dipper stomped out of the classroom.

But all he could do was wonder the whole school day why Mr Cipher wanted him to tutor him so badly.