Chapter 3: Mr. Cipher's Mansion

I stopped at the foot of Mr. Ciphers carriage. It was kind of high from the ground and I had a little bit a trouble getting up, to which Mr.Cipher chuckled and offered his hand to help me up. I was flustered at that moment. How embarrassing... I can't pull my own self up into a carriage... His coach shut the door for us and we were off and away. I stared out the window not wanting to face my teacher in this awkward situation. I heard the horses feet click clack outside and tried not to focus on Mr. Cipher who was getting a bit creepy at this point... I swore there was this lustful look in his eyes or something. Or maybe I was trying to make excuses up in my head that I really didn't fail those test in that class... I was sure I had passed with flying colors. We didn't talk the whole way there, but we finally made it after those painful moments of Mr. Ciphers creepy stare. 

"Need help getting down Pinetree?"

I stopped. He had given me the nickname Pinetree, "Not very formal for a teacher to be calling his students by a nickname..." I grumbled.

"Well, help or not?" Mr. Cipher smiled, delighted offering his hand.

As I stepped out of the carriage my jaw dropped. His house was mansion. It looked to be incrusted with gold, it had patterns with little tiny crescent moons lining the sides.

"Neat, isn't it?"

I shook my head. "You're just a teacher though. How can you afford this? How'd you get so rich"

"Well let's just say I have my ways," he replied back. It always seemed he had this weird smirk that would never leave his face.

I followed him inside and it was even more marvelous. Everything seemed to be lined with red velvet, making the inside seem more comfortable. There was a fireplace in another room I peeked in, decorated with fancy furniture and long couches but he didn't stop to see all of this. Mr. Cipher lead him out to his dining area. The table looked as if it was made out of pure gold and the chandelier. Holy cow it looked as if it were made of diamond jewels.

"H-How..."

Mr. Cipher pulled out a chair for me and I took a seat. He to took a sat beside me pulling out a brown bag with textbooks in them. He set them out neatly as he always seemed to do in school. He was a very finicky and clean man.

"Let's get started then shall we?"

"S-sure," I replied still amazed I was sitting here. My Gruncle Stan would have been so jealous, not mention try to steal what was in this place.

"Um I'm a bit thirsty though... it it alright if I have a drink?"

"Why of course," he replied. Looking up from his papers

He called for his butler named 8-Ball. I don't know why that was his name but it was and I just went along with it. I guess Mr. Cipher just liked giving  people Nicknames. 

"Get our guest out his options please."

8-Ball bowed and went to fetch what he had. It was nice of Mr. Cipher to go out of his way like this.

"You know Mr. Cipher water is alright I don't-"

"No really Dipper it is just the polite thing to do to serve any guest. Let's just say for certain times I like to go all out."

What did he mean by that? Eh whatever. 8-Ball game back with an eye-widing array of options. Apple juice, any type of fruit juice really, sparkling water, not just regular water and wine But I was too young to have wine although I would like to try some.

"I think I'll just have water."

8-Ball poured Mr. Cipher a glass of wine as he chose. Mr. Cipher tilted the glass to his lips then held it away slightly rolling his glass around.