Chapter 3 (Dream Chapter 1)

At this time, I was recently recruited a sergeant. I haven't been here for that long at all, just about three months in. My training was still rough, so time to time I would lose a battle. Of course now, I haven't lost a battle in five months. That was when my training was perfected. But I still have a lot to learn. Especially in acting the way everybody else does. Acting normal, acting human.

Compound Omega wasn't the first compound I've been to. My first compound was known as Compound Zeta. That place was much more comfortable than this one. People usually ignored me there, and didn't like to give me any attention. I enjoyed it there, people left me alone. Eventually though, the compound was discovered. We were bombed and attacked.

I remember how it all started. I was walking down the corridors, and on my way to a briefing room. My squad and I were being called in for a special mission. We didn't exactly know what, because they wouldn't give us any details when they called us in.

I was walking in the hallway, the briefing room was at the end of the hall. I was pushing the door into the room, then there was a loud boom.

BOOM!

I was sent flying back, and I slid along the floor. There was a high-pitched ringing in my ears, and was very disoriented. I slowly try to get up, my vision split in two. The ringing was slowly fading, and I discovered that the alarm sounded. I heard yelling and screaming, along with gunfire. I look to the direction of the briefing room, and saw a black, charred room where it should be. I also heard someone calling my name.

"David?" the voice said. It was actually very faint. I didn't even know who it was coming from, or where. I let my head fall back on the ground. I had to get up, but I couldn't find the strength.

"David!" the voice said again, yelling this time. It was louder this time, but it still sounded as if someone was saying it underwater, and I'm on the other side of a glass wall.

Suddenly, a pair of hands reach for my shoulders. They grab on, and they find their way across my throat. I grab onto the wrists, fold my legs inward, and kick the person off of me. I quickly get up, running towards them. As they try to get up, I slam my forearm up against their neck, threatening to choke them.

"Who are you," I yelled. "What have you done?"

Before I get a good look at him, the voice comes again. But this time, from the man's mouth.

"Wake up! Wake up!"

There was the a bright flash, and I was awake. I was in Compound Omega, in my room. There was no explosion, there was no screaming. There was, however, a girl whose neck was underneath my forearm. Who would've choked out if I didn't wake up.

Author's Note

All dream chapters, such as this one, will be relatively short. There may be many of them, depending wether or not my inspiration stays with me or not. Thanks, everybody!