Prologue

Stories travel from the past to the present, becoming an important part of the historical representation of things as we know them. But what if stories are simply just stories? Has anyone taken the time to question these tales from years past? One does not often consider the alteration stories go through as they are passed from generation. So could it be that the past as we know it is actually not the past at all? Questions that rise over the course of time have all come from the minds of those who cannot be satisfied from simple words on a page. Minds like these are what cause discoveries to be made.

Elizabeth Carroway was one of these inquisitive minds from a very young age. Everything about the world interested the girl and she was often determined to figure out the truth behind even the smallest of lies. That was one of the things that made her special not only to her parents, but others in the world as well. It was not often that little five year old girls were seen questioning the reasoning behind things such as playgrounds or even the common ingredients of things like ice cream. Her parents were forced to enroll her in an early development program since they didn't have the time or energy to keep up with their daughter's thirst for knowledge.

The bright young girl was often acknowledged for her seemingly high intelligence level, but she never seemed to have a problem making all sorts of friends. It was like she always knew just what to say to capture the attention of her peers. It was a fact that startled her parents and her teachers since children like her tended to become social outcasts because they had a hard time bonding with kids who couldn't comprehend the same things. She had somehow managed to make it work.

So by the time she reached high school she had every person wrapped around her finger. She became one of the most popular girls in school because she knew just what to say. It seemed to be the perfect life. Little did everyone know, her tale had a little bit of a spin. She knew exactly what to do in any situation because she already knew what was to happen. She could see the future, meaning events that have not occurred. Which brings us to the beginning, because the only way to reveal the past is by understanding the future.

Now the best place to start this story, the day she began her journey. The journey to the truth.