Seventeen┃Vampire Core

I moved my gaze towards the windows, the dark blue sky outside told me it was still around the middle of the night. My body froze in my movements when I smelled blood pumping through veins. Definitely, none I knew, the echoes repeated themselves until they stopped. I dug my fingers into Vicente's neck. He gave me an understanding nod.

"Who do you think it is?" I asked quietly. The rushing by my shivering hands forced me to take deep breaths I had no need for anymore. However, the urge to protect my kind was strong. Vicente's skin cold against mine and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Werewolves, they must have tracked us back from the road. Maybe where you helped my sister?" Vicente hugged me from the side. His strong arms surrounded me. Although, Vicente tensed while his red eyes stared down at me before lifted up to the windows. "It's wiser for us to leave the group," he continued.

My eyes flashed bright red as they dimmed slowly. Dirty fur filled to the brink of mud, and grass hit my nostrils. Barely I managed not to recoil from the smell alone. My hand interlocked with Vicente's, I let my vampire senses take over. There were two werewolves, one a beta and another an omega. My feet carried me closer to the window and I dragged Vicente with me.

To make it clear, I am not gay. I sent the thought over to Vicente and he chuckled. I rolled my eyes before I leaned over to watch the werewolves below. Their breath loud in my sensitive ears. Suddenly I found myself on the top of the window frame, I climbed down onto one of the branches below.

"Sexuality has never mattered much for us vampires, you are aware of that right?" Vicente jumped the woods quick. He gave me a cocky grin, though, Vincente held his tempo high. I landed a few seconds after him.

"Show off," I said without malice in my voice. The fresh air filled my lungs and I took the time to enjoy the small peace. A wind rustled the leafs. The silence stretched out to an uncomfortable one. I gave Vicente my most bitchy-stare I could muster.

"Word have reached you as well?" Vicente turned towards the werewolves that were given him ice glare. He crossed his arms over his chest before tugged my t-shirt. "Of course, you did. The war has been going on too long. I believe Ethan, my Newborn, is the key to everything. Ending the reigns in his hands alone."

I glanced confused from the werewolves to Vicente a few times, unfair. No way I could listen to a one side conversation. When games pulled that off is lame. The werewolves focused solely on Vicente and I used my time to expand on my powers. Then the tug in my chest tightened like a rope being spent. A glowing thread was between me and Vicente. I knew better than to assume 'soul mates' scenario, the likeness for it is one point five.

My eyes followed the blood on the ground, however, the color was wrong. It smelled alien. I crunched down, my fingers touched it. Cold. Old. Hmm, interesting. Definitely, more to the story than this. Had to be a clue somehow. I frowned. If the aliens were a diversion tactic that meant the ongoing battle for the vampires still must be happening somewhere I concluded.

Two werewolves were in my line of sight, I gasped out in fake surprise. That only made them amused. I guess dogs has little sense of humor. "Where you attacked?" I asked knowing the answer already. I turned towards Vicente for the answer.

Vicente nodded. Happy with my deduction, well, I deserve Markiplier screaming for this one. "They were. Closer to the edge of Old Town. Long history for werewolves existing there, the way their memories are playing out I know it's far worse nearer the big cities like New York, California, and Texas. For some reason avoiding North Dakota," Vicente informed me.

"And the prophecy...is finishing everything," I finished for my Master. Yup, not going to lie but Vicente is a hot piece of pie. If I was gay I would take him right here. Right now. Vicente gave me a weird stare. "Did I say that aloud?" I mumbled underneath my breath.

"No, your thoughts are very, let's say, exposing," Vicente winked and I blinked rapidly.

When time gives you a hard time you got the reason to kick it. And so I did. Unfortunately, I crashed head first into the grass shortly after. Groaning slipped out of my mouth. Mud tasted horrible, like worn pants by old war veterans. Vicente had his hands around mine, pressing and crossing them over my back. Don't think. Don't think. When I blinked again, the werewolves were gone.

Huh.

"I like what you are doing but for the love-" My throat was held tight and the rest of the sentence disappeared into thin air. Seriously, he got it coming next time he does this to me. I tensed my muscles and flipped him off me.

"Gay," Vicente said. His smile genuine. My heart swelled, though, I avoid his green intense eyes from meeting mine. I helped Vicente up from the ground. Somewhere along the road, I trusted him with my life. That's a great achievement, I got trust issues.

"Yes, I am happy," I countered. My feet yearned for a good run and the appealingness to leave became higher. "My friend is going to be safe, right?" Well, Vicente's pat on my shoulder surprised me more than five bucks.

"He is unless you want him with us?" Vicente gripped hold of my hand. Both of our temperatures was cold but I didn't whine.

Vicente's eyes became distant. I waited until he refocused again. The half moon shone down upon us. My blood boiled for a new adventure. Blue light cleared my path.

There is no place like home. And Vicente is my home.