Chapter 4: Subtle scarlet accents

--- Lucy's POV ---

I smiled to myself as I locked the front door of my house. Today Erza, Juvia, and I are going shopping for our bridesmaid dresses, and sending her other bridesmaids information on how to get their own.

"What color dresses were you thinking of?" Juvia asked, combing her fingers delicately through her wavy blue hair.

Erza stepped down from the porch of my house and unlocked her car with a push of a button. "Jellal was requesting red to go with my hair but... I'm not so sure. I feel like the color would be a little bit too much."

I nodded and volunteered to sit in the backseat as Juvia basically knew all the good shops to go to. "Didn't Kagura suggest something as well?"

"Yeah. She is in love with the idea of flapper like dresses." Erza chuckled, starting the car once we were all buckled in. "But honestly... I'm not sure. Although it is a very acceptable idea."

"Just don't choose a horrifyingly puffy dress. That always seems to happen for some reason." I sighed, pressing my knuckles into my thighs as I sat forward.

Juvia giggled and looked back at me. "Juvia remembers going to Loke's wedding. Aries chose the strangest dress for you."

"Yeah." I sweat dropped before leaning back in my seat. "I don't know what I expected from her."

"Well don't worry, I won't make you wear anything like that..." Erza laughed as she pulled out of my driveway. "But I might add some hint of red to the dresses to amuse the fiancé."

---

---Natsu's POV---

I watched carefully as Jellal sat at the bar, scratching his temple with the end of his pen. He was hunched over a stack of his wedding invitations with a pale look on his face.

"You okay, buddy?" I asked, cleaning a glass with a cloth before setting it down in front of him, pouring a pint of beer in it for him as well. "You've been staring at a certain card for a couple minutes."

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." Jellal blinked, looking at me for a second before sipping the cool beverage. "It's just... I forgot about the fact that Kagura is going to be a bridesmaid. She scares me."

"I heard tales of this girl. Erza says she's adorable."

"That's Erza's point of view. She sees Kagura like a little sister and I mean.... She's nice. But she hates me." He hissed, leaning in closer like Erza is going to somehow hear. "Like... She would kill me if she had the chance."

"I don't see how someone can hate someone as nice as you...." I snorted.

"Oh you don't even know..." Jellal huffed before returning to his list of guests.

I smile slightly at his expression before tending to another customer at the bar. "Well hopefully she doesn't ruin your wedding..."

"Huh?! Ruin it?!" Jellal exclaimed suddenly, standing up from his stool and startling the limited amount of people in the restaurant. "She can do that?!"

"W-wait no!" I stuttered, going over across from him. "Hey no that's not true forget what I said! Even if she did try something Erza would marry you no matter what! She loves you so much!"

"Oh god Natsu." He groaned, slouching back down in his seat. "Quit scaring me. That didn't exactly help."

"Sorry." I frowned, turning my head to see Gray raising an eyebrow at me. I sigh and walked over to him. "What?"