Chapter 3 | Unacceptable Truth

Alice was the only child her parents had, they loved her so much that no one could take her place, she was their everything that's why she had everything she ever asked for, She was just like a princess. Life was so perfect until that day came. Alice was playing in the backyard with her friend Doris and as it was going to be dark her friend's mother came to get her back home just when Alice noticed that her mom isn't here yet so she went in without waiting, she looked for her in the kitchen, she wasn't there so Alice went upstairs to her parents' bedroom and what she saw was two young men in their 30s, they were throwing her mother's precious jewelry in their bags to take them away. Alice finally looked at her parents laying on the marble floor covered in blood, her eyes torn apart and started bleeding in a form of tears, she looked at her father. 

"Run Alice"

He mouthed several times, he was scared for Alice to get hurt but Alice was way too shocked to understand anything. Soon enough she made a mistake my crying out loud and that took all the attention from those men. Her father yelled for Alice to run and tried to stop one of those men by holding on to his ankle he fell on his knees but it was too late since the other was behind Alice already. Alice ran out of the bedroom, she went downstairs with that scary tall man following her behind, she moved forward to reach the basement as she wanted to lock herself in there for protection but as soon as she could close the door he pushed the door to get in, the door hit Alice's back and that's how she lost her balance, standing on the edge of stairs going down to the basement. Uncountable scars were appearing one after the other when she was rolling down the stairs. She ended up hitting the wooden floor of the basement, blood was flowing out of her head and knees, she hissed in pain and passed out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She was brought to the hospital by her uncle Samuel, he was her father's business partner and closest friend from 6 years but he was just like their family member. He was sitting on a chair next to Alice's bed in the hospital room. He was holding her hand and crying. He was so helpless to think about how he would tell Alice what happened when he by himself wasn't ready to accept the reality but he couldn't deny it either.

"Alice??"

He said when Alice held back on his hand tightly and opened her eyes. She tried to sit up straight but Samuel stopped her.

"Hey hey lil princess, you gotta rest more"

He said and went out to call the doctor, after a small checkup the doctor allowed Samuel to discharge Alice after the next two days. She was admitted there for the past 3 days.

"Uncle"

Alice called him, she was laying on the bed. He sat on the chair and waited for her to continue although he knew what she was gonna ask but he was hoping for it to never happen.

"Where's mom and dad are they okay?"

She asked with a worried face. Samuel looked down in embarrassment, he gulped down before telling her the truth, even though it was unacceptable but she had to know it, she had to cry, she had to be strong enough to spend the rest of her life with the harsh truth. Right after she was discharged she asked Samuel to take her to the graveyard before they would go back home. She spent hours crying and asking for her parents to come back....

Once they were back home, they found Alice's grandmother and paternal aunts sitting in the front yard. Samuel looked at them in anger.

"Why are you even here?"

He asked Alice's grandmother and she didn't reply to him instead she told Alice

"We're here for you"

and made Samuel laugh, he raised and eyebrow and questioned

"You're here for Alice? oh yeah you should be worried for her since she lost her parents but why it took you so long to care about her? Why you didn't even care to visit her in the hospital after the funeral!"

He yelled at the end. What else he would do after the behavior he received for Alice from her own family. Alice never met her maternal family because her mother left everything behind for her father. Claire left her family when they refused her wish to marry Aaron. They tried a lot to convince them but they were never happy. After Alice was born, Aaron and Claire started to make a distance from Aaron's family because they were always harsh towards Claire, saying that she was greedy for Aaron's business and properties so she was scared that they would have the same harsh behavior towards Alice.

"Samuel, behave!"

Isabella, Aaron's younger sister yelled back.

"It is none of your business if we care about her or not! She is a part of our family and as now she only have us, we're here for her"

She continued and Samuel still had the same attitude.

"Wow okay, but what now, why are you here?"

He asked.

"I want to adopt Alice"

Isabella stated and made him and Alice shocked, Alice took a few steps back and shook her head.

"No! I will live with uncle!"

Alice started crying, Samuel kneed down and wiped her tears off.

"Are we clear now she don't want to come with you so please leave"

He said and stood up to face Isabella. Aaron's older sister Julia smiled at Alice and said

"Sweetie, it's not possible. He's not your family, we are and I know its hard for you because we don't even meet often but you have to be a part of us now like your father"

"No! I don't want to"

Alice answered.

No one listen to her choice and Samuel was helpless. Isabella and her husband moved to Alice's small palace, months passed by and felt like years to her because she didn't get time to move on from the death of her parents. The moment she was taken by her paternal family, she was already in a trauma and they didn't let her come out of it.