The End?

Photography had only been one semester long. I was sad to go back to school after winter break because I would miss that class. Also, it would be hard to get back into the routine of going to school without seeing him because that had been my favorite part of the day.

In the first couple of weeks, I saw him every once in awhile in the hallway. If we ever crossed paths, we'd hug (Nothing special, he hugged many people all the time). After a bit, though, I realized he had a girlfriend. I tried to deny it at first. Maybe they are just close friends. Nah. I felt guilty hugging him after I found out since I still had feelings for him but he was taken. I started walking a different way to class so I didn't have to run into him.

That was, what I thought, the end. Never again would I see him after that school year. He was a senior so he'd graduate and we would never be together. I accepted it. I was sad and I still thought about him all the time but eventually I stopped even thinking about him because he was just a lost cause.

Boy was I wrong.

*~* *~* *~* *~*

One and a half years later

Fast forward a bit. I am a senior at a different high school now. I haven't heard from him since sophomore year. I had even deleted him off of Facebook because he never used it and I was absolutely sure I'd never see him again. What' was the point in torturing myself when I saw his bad ass, nonchalant profile picture that I adored so much on my friends list? Exactly, there was no point.

One night, though, my whole life would change simply because of a Facebook message from him.

I still remember that night very clearly. I had finished my homework at a decent time so I decided to play Halo 5 before bed. I had my phone sitting on the bookshelf right in front of the TV while I sat on a black plastic chair cross-legged.

*ding*

Someone messaged me on Facebook. I had just died on the game, so I had time to look at my phone right away. You know how sometimes it takes awhile for the little pop-out bubble to load, usually meaning you haven't messaged that person in long time? That had happened and I was very curious. Who could that be? I stared at the little circle, waiting patiently for it to load. And then, boom. The same profile picture he always had was sitting there in the corner of my screen and I was taken aback. I just stared at it for a minute, shocked. There's no way. It must have been a mistake. He meant to message someone else. But wait, we're not even friends anymore, meaning he specifically searched for me with the intention to message me. It couldn't have been a mistake.

And so it began. That first time we talked, he asked if I had a boyfriend. Pretty straightforward, yea, but that was fine by me because I had anticipated this moment for so long. He gave me his number without me even asking for it and we soon set up a time to hang out in person.

It was finally happening, after all this time.