Living the Medicated Life- Chapter 1

*Chandler's POV*

It was 2 years ago. At least I think it was. I've been laying in this hospital bed ever since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I haven't seen my parents since that time either. They left when they realized the couldn't take the responsibility of watching over me. Seeing me in pain. They couldn't take it anymore. They left 1 million dollars with me to pay the hospital bill. They didn't know I would be spending the rest of my life, laying in a hospital bed, fighting for life. I live in the Mayo Clinic's National Cancer Institute in Minnesota. (MCNCI) It's pretty nice for the like first 3 weeks or so that you're there, not the 2nd year. 

I wake up at 8:17, to the sound of my heart rate monitor.. *beep* *beep* *beep* I look over at the clock. Ugh. Almost time to take my daily shots. Yes, you heard me. Shots. I have to take at least.. I don't know, 7 shots, a day? Wait no, a morning. I take the same amount before I go to sleep at night. It's a long process, yes, but I've come to being used to it. When people text me asking if we can hang out, I always reply, I'm sorry, I am busy with a school project, or, I am sorry, I am going out of town. No one actually knows that I've been in a hospital bed for 2 years. Of course, I get up and walk around the hospital, but other than that I can't do much. 

For having cancer, I actually do normal 18 year old things. Believe it or not, I go shopping, I go have lunch with friends, I do pretty normal stuff. I go shopping down at the gift shop on the first floor, I have lunch with some of the nurses at the cafeteria. Tricked you there, didn't I? Long story short, I'm living in a hospital with little to no freedom, my hospital room has transformed into my room at home, and the taste of hospital food is kind of getting old now. I know what you're thinking. You're overreacting, hospitals are way better than living on the streets. Well, it seems as if you haven't been in a hospital for 2 years. Well, my whole life changed when I met Jackson. 

Authors Note---

Sorry this chapter is so short. I need to work on more, but obviously, there will be more, it only is the first chapter. :) Stay tuned for more! 

xx Carlz xx