Chapter 16;

"Just when it can't get worse, I've had a shit day 

Have you had a shit day? We've had a shit day"

- Pink, 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)'

 -----------------------------

"Wendy walked a fine line between passionate and cocky."- Harry Styles

                As much as I hated to say it, Harry held his alcohol better than I did. Granted, I had gotten drunk off of quality liquor instead of some moonshine that he had probably picked off of the side of the road, but somehow he was already gone when I woke up the next morning. Or later the next morning.

                "What did you do to Harry?"

                Just to make things even creepier, Zayn was sitting next to me holding a mug of God-knows-what. What the fuck? Was he just waiting for me to wake up? And, most importantly, why did his hair look so damn good? Because I was sure as hell that my hair was everywhere but the ponytail that I had put it in before I had fallen asleep.

                "How long have you been sitting there?" I asked him cautiously, scooting away from him. I don't mess around with that stalking shit. Bitches be crazy. Then I remembered that it was Zayn that I was talking to and he was too self-centered to leave until I addressed whatever it was that he was talking about. "And what are you talking about? I didn't do anything to Harry."

                Zayn didn't even try and act like he believed me. That was nice, I guess. "You had to have done something. He's walking around all pissed."

                "Well," I began, tossing my blankets over my legs and pushing myself up into a standing position, "that's not my problem. Harry and I haven't even talked to each other. Why do you think that this is my fault?"

                "Because you're the biggest bitch around?" Okay. That was a valid point.

                "As crazy as this may seem, my bitchiness isn't the cause of everyone's problems," I replied snarkily, unzipping the tent so that I could go to the community bathroom that was down the trail. That's another reason why camping sucks ass. But at least that place had electricity and a cleaning crew came daily. But I still wasn't about to shower in that shithole.

                The sun was still kickin' away when I stepped outside of the tent. Apparently we were all just too good for rain now. As much as I try to not bring it up in conversation, I still have red hair. My kind does not respond well to sunlight. I was using one hand to shield the sun from my eyes when I nearly ran into Harry, who conveniently wasn't watchin where he was going because he was so bust clicking away on his phone.

                He didn't say anything when he saw me.

                Okay, so he really was pissed.

                "What's your deal?" I asked him in the friendliest way that I possibly could. And really, that meant a lot coming from me. I was actually trying to be nice to someone.

                He just scoffed and rolled his eyes like I knew exactly what he was talking about. News flash: I didn't. If I did, I would have not been asking. I don't waste my time on shit like that. "Where are you going?"

                Dude. We were in the middle of the fucking wilderness. There were only so many places for me to go.

                "The bathroom?" I also tried to make the painfully obvious as less obvious as possible. I don't know why I was trying so hard to be nice to Harry. I hadn't really cared about his feelings much before. Maybe it was something to do with his drunken comments from last night. Aha! Maybe that's why he was bitter. He was hungover! Hey, been there, done that.