The School Day Begins

Hinode, Japan. A city that looked perfectly normal in the day, but held great secrets at night. It seemed everything happened after dark nowadays. Are people scared to be seen in the light, to let that dusty skeleton out in the open? In this horribly average city, crime was common. Even so, there usually weren’t any dependable witnesses. Police had no leads on anything. It’s probably because the people are scared. Isn’t it funny what fear can do to a person? Fear. Isn’t it such an intriguing feeling, an emotion? The feeling that you are going to die, the feeling that something bad is going to happen, isn’t it just something that you’d consider pondering about casually? Hinode was such a place that a great fear existed; it hung over the city like a black cloud on a rainy day. People could feel it in the air, all over.

The rain was unexpected this Tuesday morning. At first it started off as a tiny drop that barely went noticed, but it slowly grew until it was more than one drop. At a steady pace, the liquid drops fell. It might've been just a light shower, but gradually it began to get heavier. The ground was anything but dry and puddles began to form on the sidewalk. Water rushed through the drains connected to the sidewalks, and people were doing their best to stay dry or at least get to their destination. It was hard running through the rain and trying to avoid people. Keeping your balance was another challenging thing, because of the water that just lies on the ground.

Taxis were being called over by various people, and even more people were going to catch a subway train. Work was starting soon and so was the school day. This rain just made it worse for people to actually get to their means of transportation. However, a few lucky students managed to make it on a train before more people started to crowd around.

“Ah, that was close.” a female with an average height sighed as she plopped down on one of the seats. Her brown hair was damp, and so were the clothes she was wearing, the uniform for Yanagi High School. “That rain just came out of nowhere.” She huffed and looked up to her companions that made it on the train with her, her eyes focusing on a blonde girl who was standing up with her arms crossed. More people kept coming on the train, and some sat beside her. She didn’t care at all though, it was evident by the way she ignored it or well, paid it no mind.

The blonde rolled her eyes. “Whatever, it doesn’t faze me.” She told the other girl with a light smirk. She ought to know that the weather was the least of her concerns. The looks that she was getting bugged her, so it was second nature to shoo them a glare. She wasn’t in the mood to actually snap on an innocent civilian. It was too early in the morning to get upset about anything. Though the blonde knew why they were getting looks, it was because of the way they had customized their uniform. Long skirts and rolled sleeves, common characteristics of Sukeban. That didn’t mean that she was in anyway a delinquent of any sort. People could be so judgmental.

“You always say that Temari.” The brunette chuckled and held on as the train started moving. She also noticed when her friend almost fell. She couldn’t help but snicker. “Nice one Tem, nice one.” With that remark, she earned a glare from the blonde girl. Like that was actually doing something. What could a glare do? Set her on fire? Pfft, as if that would ever happen.

“Shut up Tenten. It’s not funny.” She hissed out and heard a light giggle from behind her. Turning around, there sat a girl with a peculiar hair color, pink to be exact. “What the hell are you laughing at Pinkie?” was the first thing that came out of Temari’s mouth once she recognized her. You could see a small glint of amusement in her eyes, as if she didn't mind the giggling that the pinkette had done.

Emerald eyes met teal as a light smirk played across her face. “Pinkie? I can assure you that’s not my name. My name is Sakura, get it right Te-Ma-Ri~” she sang out as she crossed her legs and leaned her elbow to rest on her knees. Her chin was in her hands as she looked up at the older female.