Resolved

'Aleks? Can we talk?' Eddie was stood at the door to Aleks' bedroom, arms folded, leaning against the doorframe. Aleks didn't look around from his computer screen, instead just giving a slight nod of the head. Eddie walked into the room and sat down on the bed with a sigh.

'Aleks, what's wrong?'

'Nothing's wrong, dude. I'm fine,'

'Come on man, I'm your best friend, there's something up with you,'

Aleks turned around to face Eddie, and gave him a small smile. 'Honestly Sly, it's nothing. I'm good,'

'Mhmm only..you haven't come to the creature house in a couple weeks. Everyone's been asking about you,'

'I've just had a lot on my plate,'

Eddie sighed. If there was one thing that annoyed him about Aleks, it was how proud he was. It was a rarity for him to ever talk about his emotions.

'James has been especially worried,'

Aleks' hands slipped on the keyboard. 'Huh?'

'Well I mean, he doesn't say anything, you know him. But he's been like, moping around and shit. Did you guys have a fight or something?'

Aleks bit his lip. 'Uh, yeah, we did.'

'That's it? You guys fight all the time!'

'Yeah but like, a proper fight. It's complicated dude,' Aleks raised a hand to his face, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Eddie stood up and clapped a hand to his friends' shoulder.

'We're going over there. Come on,'

'What? No!'

'Yes. You two stubborn fuckers are going to sort this out,'

'Sly, I can't-'

'Yes you can, and you will. My two best homies aren't falling out over some stupid fight okay?'

Aleks tried and tried to persuade Sly to rethink, he said he'd call James himself, he'd drive over to the house tomorrow, he'd Skype James later, but nothing would work. When Sly set his mind to something, he would very rarely give up on it. Aleks reluctantly threw on his purple Twitch hoodie and stomped after him towards the car, cursing under his breath.

James was in his room when he heard the car pull up. He walked to the window to see Eddie practically leaping from the vehicle, whilst Aleks grudingly got out and slammed the door shut.

'What the fuck..is he doing here,' James ran a hand through his hair, and felt his heartrate start to rise. He and Aleks hadn't spoken since the kiss, and now here he was, turning up completely out of the blue. As the two walked towards the house, Aleks looked up towards James' bedroom window and saw his friend (were they still friends?) standing there. It was like a bolt of electricity went straight through him, making his stomach turn over. He stopped, part of him wanting to run back to the car and drive away as quickly as possible, but Eddie had already pressed the doorbell and was rattling the door handle impatiently.

'Jaaaames!' he yelled. 'Come out heeere!'

James hurried down the stairs, pausing to take a couple of deep breaths before he opened the door. Eddie grinned in delight and pushed past him with a 'yo what's up homie?'

Aleks meanwhile, shifted from one foot to the other, hands in his pockets and eyes staring at the floor.

'Hi,' he offered quietly.

'Hello,' James stood to the side of the door and gestured with his hand. 'You coming in?'

'Uh, yeah. Thanks,' As Aleks walked past him, James caught that familiar scent of Aleks' cologne and shampoo and deoderant. It was a refreshing smell, one that made him want to relax, made him feel safe. He shut the door, sighing.