Chapter 2

Sorry this was a little late. There was a lot going on yesrerday and I didn't get around to posting. Anyways, enjoy! :)

Chapter 2

                Andava stared out from the top of the waterfall at the edge of Drakon Ridge. It was quite pretty the way that it glimmered in the sunlight. It was moments like this that she wondered if it would just be better to run away. She had never seen what was beyond the Ridge or Cogham, but she was pretty sure she could learn her way around. She was planning to be a famous treasure hunter after all. She stood and took a deep breath just before she jumped off of her perch and landed smoothly beside of the Turtum that had assisted her in reaching her previous location. She had been out since sunrise and it now appeared to be close to three o’clock. She figured that it would probably be a good idea to start back. She did find a red negg in the cave after all; that she was sure would sell for a high price to Elsbeth. Shortly after she departed, she ran into Stanley. It seemed a bit odd for him to be this far from home.

                “Stanley, what are you doing out this far?” she asked.

                “Mayor Jergin sent me to find you. He’s been in a panic since he awoke to see that you were gone,” Stanley replied.

He had the familiar fear in his voice that he always had, but something about this time gave Andava a bad feeling. She and Stanley slowly made their way back though the coarse grass while he filled her in on the happenings of the morning.

                It seemed that her father had been a bit more than just panicked. In fact, he had gone into a state of rage that averted all reason. He had certainly managed to scare Tadd and Ruffie, but everyone else had been focused on calming him down. Andava was furious; it was one thing for him to just be mad at her, but he had the audacity to take it out on everyone. As they reentered the village, Andava stormed toward the sacred tree and waited. She knew that her father would be there eventually to yell at her. She didn’t even know why she bothered to call him her father anyway, they weren’t really related. Andava had been adopted by Jergin supposedly a long time ago, even though she had very little memory of her childhood. All she could really remember from it was being in a room where purple sparks floated gently down from the ceiling. She was pulled from her thoughtful daze by her father strolling toward her.

                “Ah, there you are. I’ve been looking for you all morning,” he said coolly, but Andava knew it was an act.

                “Yeah, I decided to go out and explore the cave above the waterfall,” she responded “It was quite fun. There were plenty of Drakonacks to fight.”

She noticed her father’s ear twitching slightly at this. Knowing that she had irritated him, she persisted.

                “I also found a small treasure while I was out.”

                “Oh really,” her father started with contempt. “And what might that be?”

                “Nothing really, it’s none of you business; the only person that it concerns is Elsbeth since she will be buying it from me.”

Jergin’s face was beginning to turn a little red at this point. Andava had touched a nerve and she knew it. She never really understood why though, he had been an explorer when he was her age.

                “I think I might become a treasure hunter full time,” Andava continued. “Maybe run away to a land beyond the Ridge and find a new home, a place where neopets will accept me.”