Chapter Three- Sucker For Pain

Zaria

I've been around demons all of my life. Well, at least the lower-class demons. They're pretty cool.

In the supernatural world, there is a hierarchy with the creatures. Witches, warlocks, and werewolves are at the top. Then, the lower-class demons are in the middle. Fairies, Genies, Mermaids, Nymphs, etc. have their own class system. But, after lower-class demons are higher-class demons. Higher-class demons are only lower because they serve the greater evil. Lower-class demons decided to walk among the humans and stray from destroying humanity.

And then they're vampires. Vampires are the scum of the supernatural world. They don't do anything except cause harm and expose to humans the fact that otherworldly creatures exist.

Vampires were endangered at one point. There was a family of witches who had the secret in their minds to killing all vampires. So, they killed as many as they could.

But, one vampire was able to outsmart the family. They killed a witch and warlock from the family, a husband and wife. Witches and vampires always had beef, but when that vampire did that, they became a nemesis.

Vampires can't overpower witches, unless they figure out a trick. But, they can kill a lower-class demon just like they kill a human: With a bite on the neck. Unlike humans though, the demon can be saved if a witch sucks the venom from the vampire's bite out of their neck. And, it has to be done in the next five hours following the bite.

I've never done that before. Honestly, I do not want to be placed in the predicament. Lower-class demons already kiss the butts of the upper-class supernaturals. I do not want one to be thankful for me saving their life.

Today is Friday, and I plan on going to the bank to place my money away. As a stripper at a high-end club, I don't necessarily have to save for anything. The apartment that I have has everything that I need and want and more. I guess I'm saving for retirement. It's never too early to save.

I had to place all of the bills I had into rubber bands. I made $11,000 this week, which was great. I seriously wonder how these old men just throw their money away. But, I can't complain. I'm getting paid.

I drove my 2011 Honda Accord to the bank. The bank is in walking distance from my apartment, but why the hell would I walk around with this much money?

So, I parked in the parking lot of my bank, got out of my car with the duffle bag with my money in it, and went to the ATM and cashed it all in. I quickly walked back to my car with the empty duffle bag when I was done.

I drove off, listening to She's Not There by The Zombies. This song is so soothing. I feel like it describes me in a way.

When I first came to Maryland, I was a mystery to everybody. I spoke differently and I looked differently. I also have green eyes that are always so "clear and bright". On top of that, I kept so many secrets to myself. I never let anyone get too close to me. That's why I do not have friends.

Once I got back to my apartment garage, I parked and got out of my car and locked it. As I was walking, I heard a noise. It sounded like something was wrong with someone's car. The car was making a noise that sounded like some really horrible scratching.

I quickly turned around and looked for anything that looked suspicious. The scratching noise continued. Who's car is that? I was walking towards the sound when all of a sudden, a van was being hurdled at me.

I dodged it, and I landed on my side a few feet away from the car. I quickly got up, brushing off the pain emanating from my side. That's going to bruise.