Chapter 2

Tears were slowly running down Andrew's cheeks as he slowly walked towards Alex with his arms wide open. His arms were warm when it touched his skin. His hug made Alex feel safe. It made Alex feel like he was protected, that everything was going to be alright.

 "Everyone please stay calm, rescue is on its way," A robotic voice came from the speakers all around the hotel.

 "You are safe now, don't worry." A smile appeared on Andrew's face, but it never reached his eyes.

 ''We all know that's a lie," Alex said to Andrew. "No one is coming to get us, right?" Andrew stopped hugging Alex and that smile he had on his face slowly faded away. Andrew sat down on the couch and with his hands clinched tight.

 "Please save us God." Andrew said repeatedly. Alex turned around and looked down at his mom. She was not crying anymore. Alex's mom looked back at Alex.

 "Come here Alex," She said. "We do not need to be scared. God has made it clear for us and everyone else on this floor that our time is running out. Don't run away from your destiny, you have to embrace it and accept it as it is." She got back on her feet and slowly walked towards the window.

 "Mom, what are you doing?" Alex's mom slowly made her way towards the window and opened it. 

"I'll rather have a quick death than slowly suffocating in this cloud of smoke and die a slow death."

 "Mom, DON'T LEAVE US!" Next thing he knows, her mom was gone. She jumped. She left him and his brother. 

"Andrew!" Alex shouted at his brother.

 "Mom jumped!" Andrew did not react. He just sat there mumbling about God.

 "Andrew, please! Talk to me!" The Hotel started shaking and things started to fall apart. Alex suddenly passed out.