Chapter 6

"Follow your heart where ever it takes you, and be happy. Life is very fragile and only loaned to us for a while..."

-Anonymous

Work went by slowly. I had a big cancellation and a no show. I really hated when people didn't show up without calling to at least say they couldn't make it. Didn't people know how rude that was? If we knew, we could call someone who was actually willing to come in, instead of sitting here with an hour and a half opening. Not to mention, most stylist worked on commission. So when clients didn't show, that was less money we got in our paychecks. I was pretty sure most people didn't not show up for a doctor's, car, or dentist appointment, so why do it to us?

Peyton was overbooked so to help pass the time I offered to help her out. In the time I had open, I shampooed clients for her or rang them out. The good thing about her being busy, it didn't give her time to ask about my date with Cole. It wasn't like there was anything to say anyway.

By the time I was done with my last client Peyton was caught up. I decided to head out early since there was no need for me to be there. I didn't get paid hourly so it wasn't like I had to put in the hours.

When I got home I thought taking a nice long, relaxing bath would help prepare me for tonight. I needed something to take my mind off of whatever it was that Cole had planned for tonight.

I went into the bathroom, turned on the water, and poured in some of my Victoria Secret bubble bath. This definitely was a good idea. I was starting to feel relaxed already. Well, I was until Cole text me.

What's ur address?

Do I get to know what we r doing?

Nope

Can I at least have a clue so I know what 2 wear?

Dress comfy and casual

Great, that helped.

I decided to wear my white peasant dress. It was light and flowy and came down to my knees. The dress had spaghetti straps, so I decided to wear my hair down in loose waves. I only put on a minimal amount of make-up. Light pinks and peaches.

I was ready by five giving me an hour to kill. I hated waiting. I tried to find things to do to help pass the time but had no such luck. I was too antsy. I went to the fridge, grabbed a beer, and sat on the deck to calm my nerves. I also debated about eating a snack since I wasn't sure what we were doing. I was scared he might take me somewhere and I'd go hungry because I didn't like the food. I shrugged it off giving good faith he'd pick something I liked.

While sitting there waiting, my one beer turned into two, then three. Crap, maybe I should have had a snack. Once I realized I was on my third beer I stopped and snacked on a couple pretzels. Then I re-brushed my teeth and reapplied my lip gloss. By the time I was finished, there was a knock at my door. I checked the time. Six on the dot. I grabbed my purse and opened the door.

There he was in jeans and a t-shirt, smiling that marvelous smile. I stepped out locking the door behind me.

He took one look at me and said, "That's what you consider comfy and casual?"

I looked down at my dress. "I think it's very comfy and this is one of my casual dresses. Why, should I change?"

"No, it's fine." He put his arm out for me to take it and led me to his car opening the door for me.