Chapter 24.

Nicole's POV:

     "It is for sure a brain tumor, and I want to schedule a surgery for you next month," The doctor said to me. 

     I been turning the surgeries down because of acting and all, but I'm getting weaker and weaker everyday. Plus I'm four months pregnant, it's not a good idea to have surgery while you're pregnant, but I need to get this over with.

     "OKay, when next month?"

     "May 5, that's when the surgeon wants to see you," The doctor said, looking down at her paper. "I need one more thing though, do you have your will?"

     "What do you mean?" I asked, looking at her then Trent.

     "A will, like when you.....die." She stuttered. 

     "What?" 

     "Baby, it's not that serious," Trent assumed. "Every time you go into surgery, the doctor is gonna ask you for a will, anything can happen."

     I didn't want to, but of course I started crying. I was getting scared and wanted to just bail out of this whole thing. But I rather go into surgery and take a chance of living, than live with this tumor and eventually die, possibly not seeing my unborn baby grown up.

     "Trent, you didn't tell me about a will," I sobbed. "It is serious! I could die!"

     He rubbed my back and held me closer to him. I rubbed my stomach and looked down at it, then back up at the doctor.

     "So how in the hell do you make a will, anyway?" 

*****

     When we got home, I went straight to bed. I didn't even think of taking a shower or even eating, or any of that. I just walked upstairs and pulled a big t-shirts over my head, then climb in the bed.

     Trent came in the room, shortly after trying to get Gabe to bed, then taking a shower. Gabe didn't even know I was here. I know it might me a tab bit weird not to acknowledge your own son when you walk in, but I don't want him to see me like this. It was bad enough he saw what I was going through when me and Trent were about to divorce, and I think the way I am is bad enough.

     "Baby?" I heard Trent call out from the bathroom.

     I looked straight ahead and saw him brushing his teeth in the bathroom. He shot me a look and then spit in the sink. Walking out of the bathroom, he got in the bed and lied as close as he could to me. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't bring myself up to do so. I think I've done too much of that and just don't have the energy to anymore.

     "Look at me," He said, turning my face to him and kissing me on the lips.

     "A will?" I asked, looking up at him.

     He sighed and looked the other, feeling a little guilty. "I didn't want to scare you, I wanted this to go as smooth as possible."

     "What would've happened if I dind't have a will and died."

     "Everything would go to me?" He asked, in a statement tone, trying to brighten up the mood.

     I nudged him and turned my back to him, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around my waist. "I'm happy I'm married to you."

     "Whatever happens, I'm always here for you,"

     After he said that, I heard Gabe walk towards out bed. He stood on Trent's side, waiting for one of us to say something to him.