chapter one.

Why an unknown number was texting me, blowing up my phone at one in the morning was completely beyond me.

From unknown number 1:14am ; 

heyyt ariiii, itd jishwa im comibg ovr.

To unknown number 1:20am ; 

Josh? where are you? who's phone are you on, you can't come over, it's one in the fucking morning.

From 'Josh Dun' 1:23am ;

i gpt a new phoone silllyyy. damn thinj doent hav autocorecr:(

To 'Josh Dun' 1:24am ;

okay, where are you? you sure as hell can't drive here considering your current state. 

From 'Josh Dun' 1:27 am ; 

i am ouysideee. dw tho, ty drovr, he onli had a shit.

omg, thatd funyy, i meant shot!

This was going to be a long night.

-

I got out of bed and put some sweatpants on, silently walking down the stairs. When I reached the bottom step, the handle to the front door starting moving. I mentally cussed out Josh and quickly jogged over the door, unlocking it carefully.

"Josh, what the hell?" I wasn't exactly mad at him, I was just extremely confused as to why he was at my house at like half one in the morning. Scratch that, I was extremely mad him. Why my house? Why this time?

"Ariana!" He shouted, way too loud considering the time.

"Josh, seriously. What on earth are you doing here?" I placed my hand on his and pulled him into the house, looking behind him. His best friend Tyler, who I had seen around school was pulling out the driveway in his car. I awkwardly waved to him before supporting Josh up the stairs. He stumbled a few times, nearly falling over which could have resulted in waking up the entire house hold.

When we finally made it upstairs, I sat Josh on my bed while I went to get a bottle of water, in order to hopefully sober him up a little.

-

"I love you Ariana." 

"Josh, we broke up over a year ago. Stop it." I cringed at the three words I used to be so accustomed to, but were now foreign coming out the blue haired boy that was currently swaying slightly in front of me.

"You were obviously in love with me at some point?" His face was sad and a feeling of guilt swept over me. However I composed myself quickly as I refused to give into Josh's confessions.

"Key word there Josh. 'Were'. We broke up for a reason, please don't do this now." I let out an irritated sigh, wishing he would just go home already. "Why are you here?"

Glossy, confused eyes scanned my face, bringing the guilt back into my system.

"Oh God, Josh." I quickly sat down beside him and rubbed a supporting hand on his back. "You know I didn't mean it like that, I just, Fuck. Why me? What about that new girl you met? What's her name, Debby?"

"She isn't as nice as you, Ari." A choked sob left his mouth.  He was making it hard for me to be mad at the fact that he was interrupting my well-deserved sleep. 

"Oh, I'm sure she is. I'm not a great person." I tried searching for an emotion other than hurt, scanning his eyes, but I found myself unsuccessful. I had unintentionally hurt him, again.

"But you areee, please help me."

"Help you?" I noticeably tensed up. Yes, I had broken up with Josh, but that didn't mean that I no longer cared for him. Because God Dammit, I do. "What's wrong, Josh? Why do you need help? Are you okay?"

A soft, sloppy laugh escaped his plump lips. 

"I mean, help me sober up you idiot" He lightly pushed my arm and I released a breath that I wasn't aware was being held in.

"Oh." I nervously chuckled and handed him the water bottle that I had previously forgot to give him and shifted away uncomfortably. I really wasn't liking my ex boyfriend being in my house, let alone drunk and on my bed. 

"Do you need anything else?" An impatient tone was evident in my voice and at this point I Just wanted him out. I wanted to sleep.

There was silence for a while, the atmosphere was getting tense and i really wasn't liking it.

"Can I stay here tonight, Ari? I don't want my mum finding out I've been drinking this much."

"Can you stay o- you know what Josh, do what you want, just let me fucking sleep man." I was beyond irritated as I pulled my bed covers up and got under them, immediately closing my eyes. When i felt the bed dip beside me, my eyes shot open. 

"No."

"You said I could stay?" He mumbled, staying in the same position, laying on my bed.

"Actually josh, I didn't. I said do what you want. However, there are limits. You're not sleeping in the same bed as me!" I grabbed a spare cover and pillow and made my way to the door. "You can sleep here, I'm sleeping on the couch. If my mum comes in, don't you dare blame me." I turned around before i reached the top of the stairs, " I need you gone by the time I wake up. Please."