Odd ball

Where I come from people fear love. They fear the sacrifices it would cause. They'd rather die that to have to find it. And that's what people around here do. When they discover they're in love, everything backfires.

100 years ago was the last time 2 people fell in love and stayed together to live out their lives till the end.

Though that was the past. The whole love at first sight doesn't exist here.

So that's why I'm leaving. I'm running away from this god forsaken place. It's not worth it to live your life fearing something that is a close as one can get to magic. And I like magic. A lot.

Tomorrow I will be turning 17, I consider myself an adult I guess, I mean, everyone does once they hit puberty. If they can fall for someone and never live to tell tale, then how am I not an adult? And I'm going to make my choice, it the only thing I have left.

Oh, and if you're wondering how children are born? Well it's a lot like what animals do, they find someone to mate with, have a kid, and split. And the sad truth behind me is? Both my parents are dead. My mom died while I still in her. How I survived I will never know.

And sure people still lust for one another, but it's only for the shear fact they are horny, and want to bone one another. This is useless to me. I've never even been remotely attracted to someone, girl or guy. I don't want to be used as a matter of fact. I feel as though I am the the first human in over a century that thinks outside the box, who wants what they can only read in fairy tales. Not just some weird platonic relationship built just to birth a kid.

The moon was full and bright the night I left. Silence hung in the air, a coldness had seeped into my bones in which I could not explain. For years I gaze day all the people I knew, and thought of how pathetic everyone was. 7 people already have killed themselves, 7. And I refuse to be around when the 8th appears. I have lived my whole life alone. No family, no friends. No one wants to be friend with someone who could die at moment. With all this, I will deny myself the grief in this town, and to live out the rest of my days living as I did.

I had packed everything I needed money, clothes, CDs, my iPod, cell and laptop. I had accumulated a lonesome of cash from the passing out my rich parents, and further I plan to use it on my escape. A while back, on a bus, I heard a few people talking, they spoke of a place where love is sacred not feared, where it is protected by people called Guardians. As they spoke I listened intently, picked up every detail, and planned my leave.

My black converse splashed in puddle made from last nights rainfall. I hope it doesn't again. The chilly win blew slightly. I dragged a wagon full of my belongings,and set out on my quest. Hours later I made it to a sign the read, "you are now leaving a safe place, are you sure you want to go further?". Bleh. Stupid town. A safe place my ass. Death was the one thing everyone counted on, the one thing they knew. How does all that make it a safe place ! Whatever. My foot crossed past the sign. And so, I may Lear all of this, literally, behind me. Here, I will live another day. A gunshot rang out behind me, ah, another one? How many was that this week? 52? Geese. Heartbreak doesn't seem to be the killer here, a toxic thing called love is.

Hmm. A thought popped into my head. A reached around and grabbed the backpack off my back, rummaged through it, and pulled out a thick black sharpie. The sign had two sides. One for the oncoming, the other for anyone that ever had a mind to leave. I crossed out "Welcome to HavenWood" and wrote just under the lettering my own warning.

"Those with a mind of their own, do not enter. Sanity does not exist here. You have a choice. Turn around and make it right."

Just below my writing I jotted down,

Suicide Ville. One calamity away from a bullet to the brain.