Introduction

I woke up, gasping and dripping of sweat. I realized my hand was clutching my sheet, and I immediaetly let it go.

I glared at my clock. A flickering light lit out of nowhere, just enough for me too see the time. 03.00 am. I sighed and laid down, trying to get back to sleep.

Suddenly a high-pitched scream filled the air around me. I shooted up, my eyes widened. What was happening? I heard raised voices and sounds from downstairs. Quickly, I pushed my blankets off, and was about to rip my door open when I realized I was only wearing panties. I hurried over to my wardrobe and threw a pair of trousers and a t-shirt on. Then I rushed out of my room, almost tripping in the stairs on my way down.

I stumbled into the hallway and found my parents shouting at three hooded strangers in the doorway. My mom turned around when she heard my footsteps, and I was shocked to see that she was crying. My mom never used to cry. ''M-mom?'' I whimpered. ''ALEXIS! GET OUT TO THE KITCHEN!'' she screamed at me. I hesitated for a moment, paralyzed, but she screamed at me again. ''NOW''

I could move again and while running I caught a glimpse of the hooded strangers. One of them was very tall and had dark hair. He was very handsome. His eyes were a flaming red colour, which seemed to darken when met mine. He started to move forward, but my dad stepped out in front of him. I couldn't see what happened then, because I got to the kitchen. I heard footsteps and my mom rushed in through the doorway and immediaetly opened a cabinet, starting to search for something. ''Mom? What is happening?'' I cried. She pulled out a bag, which was stuffed with things, and threw it to me. ''Alexis... I'm really sorry'' she breathed. ''Mom?'' ''We tried to protect you, we really did. But they found you somehow, god knows how. Alexis, listen to me. In this bag is everything you need. Everything. You have to go to South Korea, as fast as possible. Then, go to Seoul. There you have to find your auntie, alright? Alexis, take care. And whatever you do, do not show your powers.'' her eyes were panicking, full of sorrow, fear and pain. ''B-b-blo-'' I stuttered, but mom kissed my forehead and started to push me towards the small exit we have in our kitchen. Shouts and growls were still heard from the hallway.

''Mom?'' I felt the cold nightair on my skin. ''Honey, just go!'' She pushed me out of the house and I stumbled into the forest we lived next to. ''MOM!'' I screamed, as a dark shadow appeared behind her. Before I could do anything she slammed the door shut. I hear her scream once again, and tears started to flood down my cheeks. ''MOM!'' I screamed again, trying to rip the door open, but it was locked. Run. I freezed. The voice in my head was right. I had to run, before the hooded men came for me. With a last gaze upon the door, I turned and started running faster than I've ever ran before.

I never came back.