Chapter 3

(Past)

Seth and I have known each other for a long time now. Come to think about it, he was my first friend when my parents and I first moved here.

  I was thirteen then, new to this whole western culture, so it took me a very long time to fit in

I was thirteen then, new to this whole western culture, so it took me a very long time to fit in. It takes a while for a person to immigrate themselves in a new environment, and it takes even longer for the native people of the land to accept someone from a totally different background then themselves. It's one a things you learn from experience.

I figure it was the same with humans and wolves alike. Back in India, the packs were really different; the caste system was in effect in all the packs and with it brought whole new kind of bullies. Beside that fact, in India most of the packs barely ever transformed because of the fear of being exposed. There were so many people clustered together that most werewolves never even transformed out of the fear of someone finding their true identity out.

I haven't transformed nor did I ever saw my parents transform. My wolf is pretty dormant, I feel her in the back of my head just taking up space. Once or twice she even spoke to me but each time it was a life or death type of situation.

One thing though I love about America is the fact that my family and I all the privacy in the world to do whatever, without being afraid of getting caught.

The pack that my parents and I joined was called the Nightfall River Pack, located in Florida near the Everglades. It was a huge change, we had to learn to be comfortable with the fact that we can change into our wolves anytime now, and well my parents can.

When we joined the pack my parents were lucky to have been given the same status as our previous pack. My parents were both born healers and so was I, thanks to them.

To the humans my parents are known as vets. But to the wolves they were healers with a strong affinity toward injured animals. We were biologically born to when a wolf is dying or what is wrong with a animal just by touching them. Sometimes when a healer is really powerful they can heal someone with their mind, actually it's more like using their will power to transfer their own energy from their wolf/ human to the injured person.

But that kind of healing takes years to practice. Plus there only a couple of handful of healer that can actually do that but prefers not to it. Mostly because there is a very dangerous risk of attaching once souls to the other in the process of bringing them back to life, it's a bit like when an werewolf finds their mate but much, much stronger. Basically you become each other's slaves.

Their touch becomes your life line. If by chance someone does conduct this, they are literally together for life; they have to be near each other and worst of all some type of physical contact has to happen or else your good has dead. Honestly these are the only known facts so far this is a taboo act among the healers, and therefore not much is known about this.

Also there are not many healers left in the world, we are kind of on the endangered species list among the wolves. That is why we are really important part of a pack. Most pack these days would even go to war for a healer. So a foreign family of healers walking into an upscale pack, with intend of staying not only were we welcomed with open arms, the pack literally treat us as if we are made of glass.

At first it was fun and everyone seemed to be very nice and forth coming but as we settled and time flew by, I realized the only reason people were nice to us was because of our healing capabilities. For them we were just there for them to use, whenever and however they saw fit.

At first it consisted of the alpha and other high ranking wolves telling them who to heal and when to do it. Sometime our alpha sold them to other packs. During the first few months my parents were happy to help, but after two years of being the alpha's b*tch we realized we were high class slaves.

For those reason my parents told the alpha I was human, with no wolf or power. They were afraid they would make me one of his political toys. Which my dad could never let that happen, mainly I would be forced to marry or be sold around like a common whore by the alpha, my dad knew if the alpha knew of the true extent of my power I'd be his salve for life.

My parents wanted me to discover the joy of finding a mate forever by my side regardless of my power.

How lovely that turned out to be, please not the sarcasm.