Chapter One

Alana's pov-

I was finally on my way to work, after having to wash the dried blood off of my body. My dad got drunk and beat me again last night, thankfully he passed out before he could seriously injure me, although I passed out before I could shower. 

I work at sonny's café full time, as a waitress I have quite a bit of work to do because the establishment is quite popular and exclusive. I may not know how I got the job since I don't have the best clothing and I'm quite shy, but I will always be grateful.

When I got in to work I said hello to everyone and started putting the chairs on the ground as part of my opening tasks. After that I wiped down all of the tables and counters, and put out the silverware and plates napkins for the first of the guests to arrive. 

When we opened for the breakfast rush it was pretty normal, if not a little chaotic. although when we finally slowed down my boss Veronica came to talk to me, she said the the head waitress is gone for a doctors appointment today and asked if she could sit one of her regulars over in my area. Normally she would not ask since we sit people wherever but I am assuming it is one of the big shots that we give to the head waitress so there is as few mess ups as possible. 

 "of course, you know you could count on me Veronica." After all she helps me with my family as much as she can. She even told me if she didn't have so many responsibilities at home and at work she would have taken me in, but she has a newborn and a husband at home so I understand. She still give me free left over food if there is any.

(1 hour later)

The group that I am serving is supposed to be here any minute so I am setting up their table and checking on my other tables. Soon enough a group of ten men were being escorted to my table. While taking deep breaths to calm my nerves, I walk to the table, and look up. Holy moly these men are gorgeous.

All of them look to be well over 6', heavily muscled and tattooed, with varying degrees of sexy yet dangerous; but the one who seems to gather their attention as well as mine seems to be built by the Gods.

He was around 6'3, he had tattoos as far as I can see, a lip ring, black hair, blue eyes, and the sharpest jaw I had ever seen. He was also staring at me like I was the last woman on Earth; my heart was now pounding in my chest with a blush rising rapidly to my cheeks.