Chapter 5

-Raven's POV-

I half lead half dragged hunter toward town. how was I gonna explain this? I mean yeah humans and monsters don't get along but they never actually attempted to make peace. why? I don't know, it's like the Monteques and the Capulets (Romeo and Juliet's families). They are constantly at war but they don't know why. I sighed internally as we reached town. I guess there was some sort of celebration going on because the people were outside and there was a big bonfire in the center of town. I slowed to a walk when I realized I was still holding hunter's wrist. I blushes and slowly let go. I guess he was nervous as well because he was blushing as much as I was. we walked through town and eventually he started talking again.

"S-so where exactly did you learn to do that." he asked

"You don't really learn it, you kinda, grow up with it. Like my parents always said to be kind to all creatures and I guess the mobs got used to me and they consider me as a.... friend I guess." I explained

He slowly nodded, as if the wheels in his head started to turn. It was then that someone called out for hunter and his attention was taken off me for a bit. it was the man called Johnson that started to talk. he was lounging by the bonfire and sitting on one of the logs laid out it front of it.

"Hunter and Raven! Why don't you kids come and enjoy the festival!" he said

I looked at Hunter and he shrugged so we walked over to were Johnson was sitting. I sat on the log and was offered some kind of cider. there was much laughter and chattering all around me when one of the citizens started to question me.

"So.... uh... raven is it? were are you from?" she said

I froze and looked around, it looked like most of the attention was pegged on me. Of course it was.

"Uh... from far away." I replied , an I thought to myself, more like a world away.

"Yeah I get that but, like were exactly?" she said quizzically

I paused as I thought of a response

"Er....I don't.....really live in a specific place. I kinda......travel around." I said.

Well at least that was mostly true.

Before I could be asked anymore questions I thought of one myself.

"So what is this celebration for anyway?" I asked

She paused and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Raven it's August fist." hunter said

"And?"

"Well, today is liberation day!" he said like it was obvious

I cocked my head

At this point Johnson spoke up.

"This is the day that Steve, defeated heriobrine! and freed us all from his dictation."

I stared at him and I felt anger boil up inside me. DICTATION? Sure maybe he wasn't the most kind person, but he was NOT a dictator. he and Steve had a falling out in which heriobrine wanted the monsters to be included in the rights of humans but Steve thought that humans should be the only ones to be free to roam the earth. I started to space out when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Raven are you ok?" hunter asked

It took all of my will power to not throw these people through a wall so I simply said no and I walked back to the castle. leaving the confused town folk behind me. It wasn't for a while until I heard quick footsteps approaching me.

"Raven wait up." I heard Hunter say

I quickened my pace until I made it to the front door of the castle. I had to wait until the guards opened doors so it gave Hunter a chance to catch up to me.

He was out of breath when he finally made it to me.

"You...*pant*....ran *pant*......as fast as a *pant* mini zombie." he said

I waited in silence as the guards started to unlock the gates.

"What was that about down there." hunter said as he gestured to the town.

Again I said nothing.

"Raven?" he said

I spun on my heel and stared at him angrily, luckily I did use my powers accidentally. that happens when when I get angry and scared sometimes.

"Your people were rudely reciting wrong information and made this whole Steve, heriobrine thing one-sided!" I practically yelled

He stared at me in disbelief.

I took a deep breath a said something I probably shouldn't had.

"Besides, Steve didn't defeat heriobrine, he is still alive I see him in the woods a lot." I said

His eyes got big and he gasped. It was then the doors opened and I ran up to the tower I was staying in.