Short Background

All God/Goddesses names will be fictitious, even if one exists. This is not true for major gods like Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, etc. Now enjoy!

A mother wrapped in cloth walks uneasily down a street in Olympus. She heads towards the birthplace, barely making it. Any child that is not born here is not officially recognized as a God/Goddess, so she hurries to keep her family's honor. A man walks with her, with dark, short hair and a kind expression on his face.

"I can't make it, Theossus," she gasped, falling to her knees. Her cloak revealed her large belly.

"Kama, you have to. We will be separated from our daughter if we don't. Do you want that?" He picked her up, lunging towards the glowing garden in the distance. It was in sight, but he felt the baby slide into his arms. He cried, just outside the perimeter of the birthplace. The child would be taken by Zeus and thrown out of Olympus. Kama tugged on Theossus's shirt, begging for him to let her down.

"I must flee Olympus and make it to Earth, so I can protect my child. There's no time," she cried, and stumbled down the street. She headed towards a snowy spherical shape, and jumped off the mountain. She landed in it, and transported to Earth.

Her feet touched the ground softly and she looked around. It was New York City, busy and crowded. A tear dripped down her cheek as she set the baby on the doorsteps of an orphanage. She left the scene, leaving her baby with a necklace that held a perfectly smooth teardrop of obsidian. The street illuminated with light as Kama went back to Olympus. The doors opened, the woman looked around and picked the baby up. She was brought inside, dressed, and taken care of for many years, trying to find a family that would fit the unlucky child.