La Vie En Rose

April 3, 2015

- Freddie's POV -
Since it was Jim's 39th birthday, I decided to do something a little extravagant- it couldn't be too much because I had a 1 month old attached to my chest at all times.

Since Jim was driving Julia to school, I had some time to work out my little plan. I put Emily in the chest carrier and I moved her so she could have a little snack whenever she wanted to- I didn't wear a shirt when I carried her around the house because she was always snacky. I rubbed her head then he moved so she could latch on- what a little piglet.

"Little piggy baby of mine." I giggled while I went into the storage room. "We're going to make Daddy a birthday present today." I hummed while I dug through the room for old boxes.

I found a box labelled 2000-2005 and I put it on the ground. I knelt in front of it and I pulled the lid off. The box was organized by envelopes and smaller boxes, each one had a year on it. I pulled out the envelopes and I looked for photos of Jim and I- there were so many.

"That's Mummy and Daddy at Mummy's graduation." I whispered against Emily's head while I looked at the photo- I had my cap and gown on and Jim looked so happy.

The graduation photo made us look so happy. Little did we know that we would get drunk later that night and have sex under the appetizer table but, it led to James and he was wonderful.

I made a small pile with dozens of photos then I pushed the box back into the corner. I didn't need any more photos but I continued to look through boxes. I found a medium sized box labelled Julia 2004-2010 so I quickly pulled it out and I opened it.

Julia's box was full of photos and old things of hers- drawings, books, dolls, etc. The one thing that stuck out to me was Anna, her doll from the orphanage. I grabbed the ratty looking doll and I carefully ran my fingers over the stitched in facial features.

"Sit." Julia squeaked while she pointed at the tiny chair.

She had an accent- it wasn't really prominent but it was there and I wanted to squeal.

"Sit." She repeated to me then she sat beside Jim. "Want some?" She asked when she held up the plastic kettle.

"I would love some." I giggled while I reached over to hold Jim's hand.

Julia carefully tipped the kettle like there was actual tea in it and she pretended to fill mine and Jim's cups.

"This is lovely, thank you." Jim smiled when she sat down in her seat. "Who's that?" He asked while he stared at the rag doll in Julia's hand.

"Anna." Julia squeaked while she patted the dolls head. "Do you have a baby?" She asked after she brought her little cup up to her mouth- my whole body tensed so Jim rubbed my hand with his thumb.

"No, we don't." Jim mumbled. "That's why we came here, Freddie and I were wondering if you wanted to come and live with us- we would be your new parents and you would be our kid." He bit his bottom lip and Julia's smile only got bigger.

"Weally?" She squealed and I let out a little coo at her way of saying 'really'.

"Yeah." I giggled while I continued to drink my fake tea. "Would-would you like to come home with us today?" I asked while I put my cup back down.

"To your house?" She asked and we both nodded. "Like a sleepover?" We nodded again, with small smiles. "I never had one of those!" Julia laughed and her curly hair bounced all over the place.

"Do you want to come with us then?" Jim laughed and she nodded as fast as she could. "Okay, I'm going to go and talk to Miss. Mildred." He smiled then he stood up and walked out of the room.