Part I

The Divergent Series Emergent

Written By AllegiantUS

Based on the characters and story created by, Veronica Roth

EXT. CHICAGO CITY LIMITS - DAY

Camera pans over the fence, the wall that barricades the around the city.

The Camera slowly turns panning over the green field that lies beyond the wall, over the ship, and focuses on the endless field.

CUT TO:

EXT. RED WASTELAND - DAY

Camera flies over the wasteland that lies beyond the limits of the city and lifts upward zooming through the forcefield barrier.

CUT TO:

EXT. CHICAGO O'HARE AIRPORT - DAY

Camera flies toward the exterior of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare as ships fly towards the building which once used to be an airport.

We FALL down toward where ships land and works assemble out and onto the ground.

INT. NATALIE'S ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

We ZOOM slowly to NATALIE, who sits on top of her bed with a tablet in her hands.

Tapping on the screen, we CUT to the surface of her device to see she's writing a journal entry.

Her bedroom door emerges over and a small woman stands outside the doorframe.

WOMAN

Ms. Wright. They're ready for you

now.

NATALIE

I'll be right out, thank You.

Natalie turns off her tablet and places it on a night stand. She stands and the camera follows her to the door before it

FADE IN:

1

shuts.

INT. OUTSIDE THE ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

CUT TO:

We focus on the woman and Natalie as the begin on a path down the hall

CUT to a shot of the woman scanning her wrist against a wall spitting the doors that open the elevator.

The woman steps aside and allows Natalie to step in first before doing so herself.

The Elevator lifts and emerges into the air going up in a spiral around the outside of the Airport.

EXT. CHICAGO O'HARE AIRPORT - CONTINUOUS

The camera follows the pan of the elevator as it travels around the outside.

Natalie gazes down at the world below her and closes her eyes at the place she called home.

COUNCIL MAN (O.S.) Thank you again Ms. Wright for

volunteering.

CUT TO:

INT. DAVID'S OFFICE - MOMENTS LATER

A crowd of people stand around in circle in the middle of the room.

A COUNCIL Natalie.

MAN paces back and forth in the middle feet from

COUNCIL MAN (CONT'D)

As you've learned that the faction

Erudite, inside the city of Chicago has been killing off large amounts Divergents in order to "maintain a system"