Prolouge

Blood, bones, burned flesh ... her other half, that was all that filled her mind as she was lying in this field of destruction, face to the ground.

Her whole body felt numb. She was in shock. What had happened? Where was she? Why was she lying on the ground? She could not clearly remember, but it felt as if she was being thrown into the air by a storm of hot, murdering flames, tearing her apart and then she was crashed to the ground. Was she ? It did not matter to her. None of these questions did. It did not make sense to her. She did not know what was going on, however, even if she did, she was far too young to process what had happened, far too young to understand this tragedy.

She could not tell for how long she had been lying on the ground like that, maybe for hours, maybe only for a few minutes, but she finally felt some feeling pouring back into her, she could now sense the hot dust underneath her bare skin and the almost completely burned fabric of her clothes. She took a deep breath. Then, she slowly tried to move her limbs, first one, then the others following. Her body felt stiff from pain, but she nevertheless managed to raise her upper body, arms still shaking, and brought herself into a sitting position.

While she was sitting there, still quivering ,she carefully tried to open her glued eyelids. It was painful as light stroke right into her iris and her vision was blurred, she could see nothing further than faint outlines . Something sticky was running from her forehead downwards her cheeks, blood, it dyed her blonde hair red, but she barely percieved this.

After a while which felt like eternity to her, her vision cleared, so that she could take a closer look at her surroungings. All around her, she could only see blood, bones and burned flesh, but ... not her other half.

Suddenly, panic came over her, panic and fear. She was far too young to handle death and now it was right in front of her, surrounded her from all sides, the aweful scent of decay filling her nostrils, until she felt like vomiting. She let out a whine and clumsily got up on her tiny legs and made a move foreward, stumbling over her own feet. Tears were now flowing down her cheeks like a stream, washing the blood off her face.

She was crying desperately, as she was walking down this field of blood, bones and burned flesh, searching for her other half.