Yes, I Love You (Shayley Bourget Fan Fiction)

AN: This is dedicated to @telletwa for requesting a Shayley fan fiction. I don't actually know much about the him or Dayshell, so if any of you guys want to give me some info, feel free to message me!

Song: Stella by All Time Low

Stella

"Are you seriously going out again?" my roommate, Lauren, asked in astonishment. I thought she knew me well enough to know that every weekend I didn't have to work was spent at a bar. 

"Do you really have to ask?" I retorted, sliding my phone into my pocket. I needed something to numb the pain of my past and alcohol always seemed to do the trick.

"Well, I was hoping you'd say no. You're gonna get yourself killed one of these days," she replied. Having been my best friend since we were five, I understood why she was worried, but she really needed to lighten up. I had never gotten hurt before.

"I'll be fine, Lauren, really," I insisted before opening the door to our apartment. "I'll see you in the morning," I added and with that I shut the door and started down the hallway to the elevator.

After the ride down to the lobby, I exited our building and entered the heat of the California air. It might be beautiful here, but I wasn't good with the heat. I started to walk in the direction of my crimson Toyota Corolla and got in. As always, I was reminded of the time my older brother taught me how to drive in the same exact car and I had to blink back tears as I put the keys in the ignition.

Thankfully, I arrived at the bar quickly and I ordered my drink. As I sipped my fourth glass of alcohol with some ridiculous name that I couldn't even remember, a guy sat down on the barstool next to me. It was the same thing every weekend: I met some guy at some bar and ended up in his bed. It might seem slutty, but I know people who do worse, so I try to overlook it.

"Are you here alone?" the guy slurred. It was obvious he had had as much if not more to drink than I had. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. In my drunken state, I thought he was amazingly gorgeous.

"Yep," I replied and then the flirting began. It was always the same. It was always clear that neither of us cared about what the other said, we both just wanted sex.

**********************************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning in a strange, unfamiliar bed and a pounding head. I looked over to see the blonde-haired guy that I met last night. I couldn't remember his name, though. I let out a sigh and stood up as quietly as I could. I grabbed my clothes, which were scattered around the floor and headed to the bathroom, which was thankfully connected to the bedroom so I didn't have to look for it. I got dressed as quickly as I could and made my way to the door, grabbing my phone and keys on the way out. Thankfully, blonde guy had not woken up. I had no desire for an awkward morning after conversation with him. He seemed nice and all, but there was no reason to make this worse that it was. 

As I drove back to my own apartment, my head was still pounding and I felt like I might die. I hated hangovers, but the alcohol numbed my pain too much to stop drinking. "Well, it's nice to see you're alive," Lauren greeted as I opened the door to our apartment. I gave her a sheepish grin as I started walking towards my room. "You're gonna get an STD or something one day," she yelled after me. She worried way too much. I was fine, but that was never enough for her.

After changing, I downed some Advil and decided to head to work early so I could stop at Starbucks on the way. I had told my boss I'd take the lunch shift since one of the other waitress needed the day off.

Following my quick visit the nearby Starbucks, I made my way to the diner I worked at. The last thing I wanted to do was wait on people, but I did need the money, so I couldn't complain.

"I didn't know you were working today, Stella," my friend, Maria, greeted. Maria and I had started working at the same time and had quickly become close friends.

"Yeah, Ashley took the day off so I said I'd fill in," I explained, adjust the beanie on my head. Luckily, there was no uniform at the diner so I was free to wear my purple beanie without getting fired.

"Good, I could use some company," she replied with a smile. That was when I realized that besides one other waiter, Mark, we were the only ones working. Thankfully, there were only three tables occupied.

Suddenly, the bell above the door jingled, causing me to look over. A group of three guys entered the restaurant. The first had kind of long brown hair and a full beard. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans. The second had short brown and a clean shaven face with a similar outfit as the first guy. The last guy, though, had long brown hair, piercing blue eyes, and a little scruff of hair on his face. He was also wearing a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans but with a black leather jacket. To put it lightly, I was immediately attracted to him. He had this smile on his face that just drew me to him.

"I'll get them," I told Marie before rushing over to where they chose to sit. I didn't even wait for her response. I really wanted to be the one to serve them. They really intrigued me.

"Hi, I'm Stella. I'll be taking care of you today," I greeted as I pulled out my notepad. I practically sounded like a broken record since I said the same thing to every table.

"Hey, like that All Time Low song!" the guy with the leather jacket exclaimed, making me chuckle. It wasn't everyday someone realized that the band All Time Low had a song called 'Stella.' All Time Low was one of my favorite bands and of course 'Stella' was my favorite song by them.

"You like All Time Low?" I asked in astonishment. All Time Low was well-known in the pop punk world, but most people didn't know who they were.

"Yeah, I've done Warped tour with them a few times," he responded with a proud smile. I suddenly had the urge to ask him about it, but I knew I really should't since it was really none of business. I would probably never even see him again after this.

"That's awesome. They all seem really nice," I responded. Mentally, I was freaking out that this guy was in a band, but I couldn't let that show. "Do you guys know what you want to drink?" I added, changing the subject. For some reason, the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

After they ordered their drink and their meals, I went about to the waitress station where Maria was. "That one guy seems to have a thing for you," Maria pointed out.

"What?" I asked. There was no way one of them had 'a thing' for me. I mean, I was just their waitress. We would most likely never even communicate after this, so there was no way one of the liked me.

"That guy with the jacket. He keeps looking over here and I doubt he's looking at me," she explained, glancing over at the three guys, who were laughing and talking. When I looked over at them myself, the guy who apparently had a thing for me was mid-laugh and was making the cutest face.  Before he looked back at his friends, my green caught on his blue ones and he gave me a small smile.

"See, I told you," Maria told me, interrupting my thoughts. I had to admit, he did keep looking over here and I wouldn't mind him having a crush even though I had promised myself I wouldn't get into a relationship. Not after what happened to my mom. I might be able to sleep with guys, but I never wanted an actual relationship with any of them. I never wanted to risk it, but this guy seemed to have a different affect on me.