Skylar (Short Story)

Skylar was awakened by the loud thumping of a bass. Slowly lifting open her eyes, she patted the bedside table in search of her phone that mentioned the ungodly hour. 1:18 A.M? Seriously? What is going on? She listened further and realized that the noises audible from downstairs vaguely resembled those played at a party. 

Skylar Jones is of average height and weight for a seventeen-year-old, never finding troubles with her size. She has a golden tan that compliments her chestnut colored hair, which is always wrapped into a messy bun on top of her head. Skylar has a slim nose with a perfect slope, and a pair of naturally plump lips to accent it. Skylar has Heterochromia Indium; her irises are of different color, one is green while the other is blue. Her doe-eyes are framed by long and thick lashes.

Skylar loves adventure, especially long road trips. She is outgoing, and loves wandering in the dark streets at night. Skylar pretends to be emotionless most of the time, but when her emotions take over she isolates herself from everyone so they won't realize how miserable she actually is. She hates reality more than anything, yet she accepts it. Skylar is bold and courageous with a big ego. She was the queen of the school, however, after her suicide attempt, her friends disappeared as quick as a breeze. She is labeled as the psychotic freak. And just like that she became the most disliked.

Groaning heavily, Skylar looked outside the window. The night was dusky but littered with stars glistening gleefully. She discovered a bunch of teenagers dress up in various costumes. She managed to spot every face despite their cover up. Another party I'm not invited to. *She shrugged*

One of the faces she spotted was Cole Waters', basically the king of the school. Cole is the average height of an eighteen-year-old. has topaz-brown eyes that match his hair color. He has a chiseled face with high cheek bones, and a narrow jawline that could sculpt granite. He has a roman nose with a lump that is barely conspicuous and a pair of thin lips. Cole has a lean body with a six-pack, and olive toned skin. In addition to his handsome looks, Cole is intelligent, humorous, and absolutely spontaneous.

Skylar sat there, debating what to do. Shall I go to a party I'm not invited to or just back to sleep? Curiosity about the party gobbled Skylar up. She almost forgot what a party was like since she hasn't been invited to any after losing a bunch of "friends", even though she has been to many parties long ago. At last, she decided to go. 

Skylar decided to put on her avatar costume, checking to cover every inch of her body so that no one would recognize her. After checking herself up in the mirror she found out that she was satisfied with her appearance. At 1:30 AM sharp, Skylar snuck out of the house and went to the party. 

Of course, the first sight Skylar met was a couple heavenly making out along the wall. Oh, that's Kyle and Zoe. The two love birds since 9th grade. She stood staring at them, but neither of the two seemed to either acknowledge or care for her existence though as they continued with the grotesque display. If anything, their "affections" only grew heavier.

Skylar barreled through the crowd. When she finally made it to the first floor she saw the heart of the party was centered there. After scanning through the nearly dark room of all of the bodies dancing to the beat of the blasting music, she spots Cole again. Cole was sitting alone and having a drink. Skylar decides to go and talk to him, thinking he won't notice her since it's dark and she has a costume on.

*Skylar bumps into Cole on purpose claiming it was an accident*

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to-" said Skylar. 

"It's fine" interrupted Cole with a silly smirk on his face.  

Cole always has this silly smirk on his face thinking it will make him look cool or something. He is hot though, that's all that mattered to Skylar. Skylar walked away heading to the bar to grab a drink, acting like she isn't interested about Cole. Skylar's standards and prestige didn't allow her to look like she was interested. Cole followed her and offered her a drink. 

"Here I'll buy you a drink. What would you like?" He asked. 

"I'll just have a beer." she said.

"God dammit girl you're at a drunka-s party, and all you want to have is a beer? Come on! Here, try this shot with me," he said as he landed her a green good looking shot.

Skylar drank the shot, not caring what it is. She felt the flavor tackle her tastebuds, and every single receptor on her tongue being pried open and stuffed with bitter grass. 

"Jesus Christ!" she yelled, "What the hell was that?!" 

*Cole laughs*

"Here have some more." he said landing her 3 more shots. 

*Skylar sat there quaffing the shots given to her*

"So.. You didn't tell me, what's your name?" He said. 

"Lynn, my name is Lynn" she replied.

"Nice to meet you Lynn. I'm Cole, Cole Waters." he said.

Skylar started to feel a little tipsy. She has never felt more euphoric. Suddenly reality mattered more than her dreams. Her feelings for Cole didn't fade after their break up a year ago. Everyday she fell for him more and more and loved him more than herself, that was her flaw.

Few moments later, Cole grabbed Skylars hips and pulled her forward with force. Before she could pull away, she felt his lips on hers absorbing his essence into her very cells. She couldn't pull away, she liked it. Skylars world shut down, it felt like only Cole and her were there. This was going for few moments and it was getting more and more intense. Her feet were no longer contacting the ground, but instead wrapped around the muscular figure of the man she was kissing. Her back was pressed up against a stone wall and her figures were tangled with his shorts. Coles tongue was pushing on Skylars lips, silently asking permission to enter in when suddenly someone turns on the lights. Cole quickly pulled away staring in her blue and green eyes, realizing the person he was making out with was Skylar Jones. 

"WHAT THE HELL, SKYLAR JONES!!!!??? YOU DRESS UP THINKING NO ONE WOULD NOTICE YOU AND YOUR WEIRD EYES?" He yelled.  

Everyone in the room stood still. Cole was in a shock he couldn't believe he was making out with the psychotic freak, Skylar Jones.  

"YOU ARE A FREAKING IDIOT WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?? WHAT PART OF NO ONE LIKES YOU DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! WHY ARE YOU EVEN AT THIS PARTY?!!!!! SKYLAR, YOU'RE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SH-T. NEXT TIME YOU TRY TO KILL YOURSELF, MAKE SURE IT WORKS." He yelled angrily.  

Skylar felt humiliated in front of the whole school. Skylar stood there, unable to think of a reply as the force of his words felt like a punch to the gut.