One

The noisy streets of Akiba were lit up just like they were every night. Thousands of cars flashed by, and the buildings seemed to tower right over the moon. Clusters of many people swam across the roads which really wasn't a big surprise. It was just a normal Friday in a super busy area. Everyone was most likely getting back from work and ready to start their weekend. Well, probably everyone except me and the rest of the building.. I swiveled my chair over to my work desk, where piles upon piles of papers were stacked in a messy manner. Some were turned the wrong way, and others were just crumpled. This job pays excellently don't get me wrong, but it always seems to leave me completely stressed out (and often left with a pile of frustrating and evil papers...) I know helping sick people is a really great thing, however I still always tend to find myself thinking really negative things such as: "Man this job is such pain in the ass sometimes" Which was true. You know what they say, it's a bad job if you don't enjoy it.

 Oh, by the way.. My name is Maki Nishikino. I'm 24 years old, and I work at the hospital which my family runs. Some may know me as the new head of the Nishikino company, and others may know me as the tsundere retired school idol. Which was true.. Not the tsundere part, though!!

When I really think about it, It's been years since high school- yet everyone still seems to remember what μ's did to the whole aura of school idols. I'll  never forget the lesson I learned when hanging out with those girls. Being an idol was my miracle. It was It was OUR miracle. And a special one at that. One that no one else would ever truly understand.  

 Unfortunately though, μ's is long gone in my world. I haven't seen my friends for years because of the hospital business, and I have no idea where they are now. I laughed to myself thinking about what kinds occupations they have in the present. Who knows, I bet Honoka's some big famous pop star living in a luxurious country like America or Korea. I winced a lonely smile at the ground when realizing I really did miss them a lot."God, I was such a pain.." 

 I chuckled remembering the time I rejected them over and over before I finally gave in and wrote a song. I have no regrets whatsoever about doing that, and I'm more than glad I did. As the words poured through my head, I felt a sharp pain of sadness stab me in the back as a sudden tear rolled down my face. I sighed but then gasped when I realized I was actually crying. Real tears which I haven't seen in far too long. It takes a lot to make me cry. Everyone says that I'm quite a strong person. Heck, I can probably still do push-ups while smiling like an idol.

 I wiped my eyes away of the drops of salt, and focused myself back to my work. However, that was then I heard the door bust open. The sound of a metal stretcher being hauled out rang throughout the building and eventually into the outside hallway. I jumped at the noise and stood up quickly. Something clearly was not right. It was an emergency patient! I shot serious look at the nurse who stood in the hallway. "Who's hurt?!" I asked with a shout, rushing outside to help out with the stretcher which an unconscious girl laid in.

She was quite short and had Midnight black hair tied into a bun, as well as pale yet clear skin. I took a few looks at her, and could almost instantly recognize that face after a good glance. I looked up at the nurse with the frown. "Is that..?"

The nurse nodded, returning the frown. "Nico Yazawa."