Prologue

The fire.

It was so bright.

Ciel squinted, try to be able to see through the flames, feeling beads of sweat trickle down from his forehead, down his neck, into his collared shirt. He let out a choked cough as he inhaled a vast amount of smoke, but kept searching through the rooms. His bedroom was burning, but no one was inside. The same thing went for the kitchen and his parents' bedroom. No one. No one was there.

"Mother?" he called, his small voice high. He began coughing again but still pushed through. He let out a frightened cry as a burning piece of wood fell from the ceiling, then ran past it, beginning to feel higher levels of despair and panic. "Father?! Mother?!?" His breathing began to quicken, and fear began to make him dizzy. His arms and legs were trembling from the weight of his own body, as if they were made from twigs and thread instead of flesh and bones. But still he pushed on.

He ran down the hallway, the once-beautiful wallpaper burning, shriveling, blackened and demented and crackling, its ashes spreading throughout the air. Ciel made himself ignore everything. Forget the stupid wallpaper and the stupid ceiling and the stupid everything. All that mattered was that his parents were-

He froze.

He was a silhouette in a chair in the midst of the large family room, a person who looked like his father. It was calmly sitting in the middle of the huge, dangerous flames. Everything else was burning and ashes were everywhere. Everything else was being destroyed.

"FATHER!!!" Ciel cried, beginning to run towards him, tears of terror and relief prickling in his innocent blue eyes. But before he entered the doorway, a tall hooded figure blocked his way, and grabbed his wrists with a painful grip, like nails being driven into his arms.

"Father! Father, run! Run away, Father!!" He struggled against the figure, who had an unnatural, wide grin under its white hood. "Father!!! FATHER!!!!!!!!!"

Ciel began coughing, still struggling to breath and to be freed. The hooded figure said something he couldn't understand, then hit him hard over the head, making him fall into an unending darkness.

. . . .

Torture. There was no other words to describe it. Ciel was caged like an animal, and treated as a such. He slowly began to lose his mind, lose track of days, and his body became weaker and weaker by the stabbings, by the cuts, by their sick and demented pleasures. But before, when he knew he was about to be gone forever, as they prepared the table, he murmured his last wish. A wish he would do anything, anything, to fulfill.

"Kill them," he chanted, as they came closer, their knives poised and arms outstretched to him. Ciel kept praying, closing his eyes. "Kill them, kill them, kill them, KILL THEM, KILL THEM, KILL THEM!!!!"

As he screamed the last of his wish and fell to his knees out of weakness, he heard shouts and several things break, and bodies hitting the floor, a sound he could now distinguish anywhere. He slowly opened his eyes to find a murky outline of two sharp heeled black boots slowly.

"My my," a cloudy voice said, as the boots stopped by the bars near Ciel's cage. "What a tiny little master you are."

"Wh-who are you?" Ciel whispered, struggling to raise his head to see who was talking to him.

"There there," the voice said, lifting up Ciel's head with a gentle, inhuman hand. It gently caressed his face, and it gently glided it finger around the bottom of Ciel's eyes, wiping away his tears. "You have summoned me."

Ciel stopped crying, listening.

 "I can serve you. I can grant you anything you desire." It's voice lowered as it whispered, "I can let you taste the sweet flavor of revenge."

Ciel's eyes widened, and he locked eyes with the creature.

"What do you say? Shall we make a contract?"

Ciel's stared at him, then nodded. He felt a sudden pain in his right eye, and he dealt with it quietly, gritting his teeth, used to pain, the bloody tears streaking down his cheek. When he reopened his eye, it was blue no more, but a glowing purple with a mark on it. The mark of a demon.

"While this contract remains," the creature said softly, wiping away the blood tenderly, "I shall go wherever you go. And do whatever you wish me to do."

"Sebastian, " Ciel said quietly, looking back up at the demon. It stared hungrily back, it's red eyes clearly pleased. "Sebastian," he said again, with more power, and the demon bowed. But it wasn't enough for Ciel. He wanted blood. He wanted death. He wanted to see those who hurt him and killed others to know the pain, the humiliation, the suffering he endured. He was a child no more. His innocence was now far behind him.

"SEBASTIAN!!" he yelled, and everything again turned black.