Chapter Two

Christina's POV
My eyes flew open when I felt my body roll to the edge of the bed. I stood up too quickly. Feeling giddy after ten minutes of waking up I rushed around my room getting ready. I wasn't late but knowing Lucas's morning speeches they would conflict with me getting early to school. He was already down, it smelled like warm cinammon and syrup. He's a great cook, older brother, and best friend. He had three ceramic plates set down on the counter, and not once turned around just going frenetic on the stove. I stifled a laugh.
He whirled around, his blonde hair messy as always, "well good morning."

He's smiling every single second of the day, but I bet no one ever grows tired of his smile. "Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon," he said, fetching the plate I was resting on. He was spinning all over the kitchen. It's one of the reasons I wake up so early. His anticipation to everything is contagious.

He served it up and sprinkled some type of green condiment. The breakfast that was before me looked from a high class restaurant, except there was enough on the plate to actually satisfy you.

"Thank you," I said, taking a huge munch. The salmon was delicious, a burst of flavors. "You know, out of many classy, over priced restaurants that we've been, this is the best salmon, not too salty, not too oily, the right amount of everything."

"That's why I love you," he chuckled.

He served up Alex's just in time. She was coming down. She was grabbing the helmet's straps, it was so old the foam was flaking out.

"You guys could've waited for me," she started eating too fast to properly digest. Lucas and I got tired of warning her, and begging her to eat at a slow pace. So we let her finish the plate faster than you could say 'dyspepsia'.

She placed her plate in the dishwasher, and grabbed a frozen bottle of water. She's fast at every thing she does. "I'll be leaving now, see you in school barf face," she winked at me, and grabbed her skateboard. Whatever tricks she did looked easy. I spent my summer trying them. All I did was fall, and hurt my neck, I gave up altogether. She was my older sister by two years, that had no problem in laughing at me. Knowing she was graduatng that same year made me shake, I was going to be left alone

I think it's justified that I don't have any friends. I've only been in this school for three months. Same amount of time I've been in California too. I didn't have it so easily back in Manhattan. In my old school, Hudson Prepatory, Alex joined up with some girls that changed the way she treated me. They were all a grade ahead of me and took the time to criticize me whenever we changed periods. Around the school they were spreading that Charles Duncan had a crush on me. I never knew who he was until he grabbed me by the arm and asked me out on a date.

Everything got worse when we started dating. Sometimes they would put me on blast in front of everyone. The other girls, including my sister, didn't seem to think it was a good idea. They chose to be the followers of the leader Millicent Merrick, the platinium blonde girl who's exboyfriend was Charles Duncan. He never told me the use to date, I felt betrayed and grew tired of it. I decided to leave the school and live in California with Lucas. At the end Alex felt bad about everything and decided to go with me. Our parents didn't have a problem with it since they're never home.

"Hey, wait for me in the car," said Lucas, taking my backpack for me. He's the best brother you could ever ask for, though his overprotective ways get irritating but it's all part of who he is.
Never thought I would say this but getting as fast as I can to school is my goal. Lucas always takes the opportunity that he has me caged in his car and rant about Joshua Locklear. I nod here and there when he does, because most of the things he says are true. Joshua is a conceited douchebag. The reasons I'm with him are still unclear to me. I wish I could break it off but at the same time there's something stopping me.